Hearts and Stars......

..a Buggy Barn pattern. This one REALLY had me stumped and I have had it for just about forever !! Everytime I would look at it, I would just draw a blank.

I am not sure if it was the fabrics or the piecing that threw me but I finally just bit the bullet and quilted it!

I have uploaded more pictures in Webshots. Who wants to quilt the next one of these I get! LOL

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/slideshow/556890121CdCXhr

Sherry,

I in my next life, want to have your brain....this brain I have just doesn't work like yours does...I would never have thought to use the feathers in that application.....can I just borrow yours for a few weeks to get some new and better ideas.....

What a unique idea....loved it.

Thanks girls!

I think the delay was...that I was trying to AVOID feathers. I fought with myself for almost a year. In my head, I thought it needed something folk artie and I just couldnt come up with a thought! I also battled the backround behind the blocks, the backround remains unquilted as I did not have a clue what to do. If I had not already ditched the blocks, I could have done a freehand echo but I was not about to pickout any stitches on homespun fabrics!

I remain quilt-less now...I guess I better get busy on some piecing!

My dear Quilt-less friend, I shall send you some of my tops so you are not lonely! ;)

Hey, no need to thank me, what are friends for?:P

Originally posted by SherryRogers

Thanks girls!

I think the delay was...that I was trying to AVOID feathers. I fought with myself for almost a year. In my head, I thought it needed something folk artie and I just couldnt come up with a thought! I also battled the backround behind the blocks, the backround remains unquilted as I did not have a clue what to do. If I had not already ditched the blocks, I could have done a freehand echo but I was not about to pickout any stitches on homespun fabrics!

I remain quilt-less now...I guess I better get busy on some piecing!

WOW, oh my, your feathers are so perfect. Mine are in my dreams but they look slightly drunk in "real time". Thank you so much for sharing your talent and giving us all something to aspire to. I think what you chose to do on the quilt was just perfect. :D

Newbie, constantly learning. New Milli the thur. before Innovations, and took 13 great classes there, magazines, books, doodling every I go, and 2 great quilt guilds.

I am new to the computer too bought HP pc 5 weeks ago, ,so have much to l earn. Another newbie ask about one kind of down loading, I have learned much by looking at the great web sites under many of your names,

clic on picture to enlarge, clic full size, then right clic and save in quilt folder for future refrences.

This is a great learn place I appericate each of you so much for sharing no matter what the level of ability.

Sherry, Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration. I have several antique quilt tops to quilt. I am so impressed with your creative use of feathers in this quilt. I cannot wait to get working with one of my quilts using a similar technique--practice, practice, practice will definitely come first.

Archived