Pillow

My daughter's bridal shower is tomorrow. I procrastinated about what to get her, so I ended up making a Mr. & Mrs. pillow that matches the quilt I'm making them (black and blue).

The cover is made from Dupioni silk with Pellon's ShapeFlex applied after embroidering...should have applied it before as I think it would have turned out better.

I worked on this all day and feel stressed out now that it's done and isn't as perfect as I would have liked but DD is not a perfectionist so I should be okay :)

post--13492895221065_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by hmerrill

I love it! Couldn't you have done that a few weeks ago? LOL my daughter would probably have liked that for her shower. The wedding is next Sat! We have a lot to do still but it is all coming together. Enjoy the process.

Heidi, LOL!!! I hear your pain about wedding planning. We did that with the first daughter who got married. It was such a gorgeous event and she and I loved every minute we spent planning and prepping. It was a great bonding experience all over again with my adult daughter. You will have an experience of your life the day your daughter gets married!!! It will be one of the best days of your life :):):):)

With this daughter (step) who is getting married we are not involved at all, even though we paid for it. She's on the immature side, even though she is the DD with the best job and banking account. Money doesn't make help make a better person, I guess. We are coping as best we can until the day of the wedding...

Archived