Bragging up quilt my son pieced

Hi All,

Ignore the quilting, the piecer (my 22 yr. old son) just wanted it held together so he could get it done. This is a baby quilt for a couple of friends of his that are expecting. Man that is scary that he too is that age! Anyway he decided on design and pieced. I did do lots of pressing to help speed things up. And I made him bind it!!

I love it, bet Robin will too. He is my other half and also quilts. However he doesn't use the longarm. Doesn't get on with it! Prefers the domestic. So when we both quilt on the same piece he puts huge bed quilts through his domestic machine!

Men. Still it is good to have them quilting :)

Ferret

Not hooked, just can quilt/sew when he sees the need. He does have a next quilt in the planning stages for a gift for another couple that actually did get married (oh, am I making my opinion known about other couples?).

He also sews cuctom shifter boot covers for his and friends cars and just asked what it would take for upholstering with the small machine.

Sue

Keep Bragging Sue, ;) I'd brag too. Good work teaching Matt to sew, I love that pic.

I'm planning to show it to my sons Spencer & Evan, Spencer has shown a little intrest in quilting, it maybe only the machines, (big toys) but I would love it

if one of my boys wanted to but a quilt together.

I'm the only person in my family that quilts, & I envy those people who have a quilting partner at home, my DH rolls his eyes when I talk quilting,

just as I roll mine when he talks sports. ;)

My two oldest kids already have babies (5 all together) I didn't find it scary, I just wondered where the time went, & because I was changing diapers for my

3rd baby when the first grand baby was born, I hardly had time to think about it. :D

Just trust you raised him right & that he picks a great gal to be the mother of his kids. I hate to say it, but "married" dosn't mean what it use to,

my son Derek & his wife never stood it front of a minister, nor do they have a piece of paper that says they're married, but they are very married just the same,

& I couldn't ask for a better DIL. :)

Sue,

Your son's quilt looks great. My 26 year old son has made 2 quilts now. The first one was a twin sized quilt for his girlfriend's 25th birthday last year. She was overwhelmed with it!!! And, so was her mother, however, I'm not sure how her father felt. :)

Last summer he made a crib size Winnie the Pooh quilt for his neice (my granddaughter). He did a great job on both.

This past fall he bought his own sewing machine and helped his girlfriend make a quilt for her mother for a Christmas present. She was so very happy with it. Is was also beautiful.

All three quilts were SID on a DSM.

I told him if Ricky Tims and John Flynn and many other men can quilt, so can he. He took the challenge and did great work. He said he is ready to do another one, this time for himself.

Sandy

The colors, combination and accuracy is great and I love the photo of your son intent with his stitching. That is a beautiful gift. I have a 21 year old son who I believe is unlikely to ever tackle such a project but he does take an interest in the quilts and how the Millenium works. Both our kids have a habit of cruising past and saying 'Oooh - that's nice! Who's that for?' Which I think means - I sure would like that quilt, Mom.

We are snowed in here in Alberta Canada today with the biggest blizzard in a few years. But- it gave me the chance to finish a quilt this morning so it is not all bad.

Sue, my 30 year old son enjoyed using my Milli but he is into cocheting. He makes hats and wholesales them to a chopper place for $10. Has a hard time keeping them in stock. I have asked him to design a wholecloth piece for me but have to wait until he has time off from school. He waited a long time b/4 getting his act together. Oh ya, his baby was at his wedding!! At least he's married now. My other granddaughter is 16 months and I still don't have a DIL. Oh well, I love them all anyway!!

Very nice. I love the colors he used. I recoginize that pattern as Weaver Fever by Jackie Robinson and you can purchase it from Animas Patterns. I used to teach that class for Hancocks Fabrics when I lived in Seattle. It was a very popular class and everyone always had alot of fun with it.

I am most impressed that your son did all the piecing and the binding as well.

Yes, the pattern is Jackie Robinson's Weaver Fever. I bought the book when it was fairly new 1992 and was always going to make one (well I still am going to make one). I was in LQS and Matt came in to insure that I wouldn't get talking. When we left he said he saw a quilt he could see making. He started describing it and I knew it was Weaver FEver. I don't know if he was impressed or worried that I had the pattern in my collection!

And you think he let me take the photo, huh, he wouldn't even have senior pictures taken (way too like "the crowd") But there I go editorializing again.

My 6 yr old grandson is working on a crazy quilt (he started it 2 yrs ago), still needs supervision, but he is very proud of his work. His 8 yr old sister is working on one also. My 12 and 9 yr old granddaughters each made one apiece last summer. Great fun to watch the next generation follow in 'some' of our footsteps.

Grace:)

Sue - Your son is truely gifted, just as Ricky Timms & John Flynn are. I love the pattern and the color choices. And to do his own binding is great. A great job. Be sure and tell him how impressed we all are.

My DH has indicated that he would like to learn how to opperate the LA. He has done some upholstry work in the past so he does know his way around a sewing machine. So far every time I ask if he wants to jump on the LA, he has had a reason why not!!! I think he may be a closet LA'r in the future and wait until I'm not around and then take it for a spin. So that I'm not telling him how to do everything.

Men - ya gotta love them.

Archived