Forum changes

Originally posted by Boni

You should really sit down and have a talk with one of my quilty ladies named Jean. She just came to pick up a quilt a couple weeks ago and told me about her granddaughter's wedding. It was the most traditional, most memorable, most old fashioned, and funded and planned completely by herself...with little nice touches like carrying the little white Bible with a red rose instead of an expensive bouquet, the Bible belonged to Grandmother who carried it in her wedding...and how the parents and grandparents on both sides had many years of marriage between them all, 40th and 50th wedding anniversaries so they are looking for a loooooonng fulfilled marriage together. I was almost in tears listening to her tell about it. Jean is from a German background and has a lot of family traditions rooted in that culture. She and her family are going on a cruise in Germany at Christmas...I forgot what it's called.

Heidi, I hope this is interesting to read when you get a chance. I'm sure your wedding will be exquisite and memorable as well. We're waiting for pictures.

Boni

That is just lovely that she was able to bring so much tradition and the past into the present. I love that! Unfortunately neither grandmothers chose to come. I can't say I'm diappointed that MIL didn't come but that was no surprise at all. She never came to see us when we lived her, in fact she had never stepped foot in my house for 22 years while hubby was on active duty. My mother didn't come either and that was somewhat disappointing but it will clearly be less drama. I'm just sad for my daughter that her grandparents aren't (haven't) ever been there for her. It is all good though. 2 of hubby's brothers are coming and we'll have a lovely small wedding. That is what daughter wanted and she said the important people to her will be there and they will! The garter I made out of lace from my wedding dress and it is has a pin on it that my mother gave me when I got engaged, it says Taken. I also have the hanky that my Grandmother gave me to carry at my wedding. It was hand crocheted by my Great Grandmother so daughter will have a few special things.

Super Heidi faster than a speeding bullet, more hands than an octopus, more talent than a wizard, able to accomplish her todo list in a single week, and always available to help a quilter in distress. thats our Heidi!! Quilting Wizard!!

Go, Heidi, Go and don't forget to take lots of pictures, I want to see that amazing cake with the topper all lit up.

LOL you go girl, we are all with you praying for a wonderful wedding.

Only 2 more days! It is going so quick. I've been up since 5, ok well I don't think I ever slept. It was cake baking day and I started about 8:30, didn't want to wake everybody else so I worked on a couple of other things. I've gotten the cake pops, chocolate popcorn and cakes baked. I have 2 layers of frosting on and only 2 more to go and then I get to quilt them! LOL yup it will have swirls on the top layer, cross hatching with monogram in the middle and feather meander on the bottom layer. I was thrilled that daughter loved it! I'll get up early, well ok maybe not too early, and finish up on the cakes. I at least feel like I have a much better handle on things. My stomach was so upset much of today. I think it was just the anxiety of the cake. It is a huge cake, enough to feed the county I think, and we only have 27 guest! LOL It is the cake my daugher wants so it is worth it. I hope it is as beautiful as we have imagined it will be. Daughter had her hair and make-up dry run today and she looked so beautiful! I know I will cry when we are ready to go and I pray I don't have black streaks running down my face! I can't wait until her father sees her!

I need to go sleep. It is going to take me a bit to get used to the new forum but I like the new features!

Archived