Forum changes

I thought I'd start a post about the forum changes. Did they know I'm in the week before the wedding and might need my girls? LOL All is good so far. Wedding is Sat. I've got lots to still get done but it is coming along. I still have to make, balero's for bride, flowergirls and me, shawl for Maid of Honor, cookies for beach receptions, cake pops for reception, chocolate covered popcorn for reception, cake, finish making the garter (made with lace from my wedding dress), add beading and change buttons for bustle on the wedding dress and get lights strung for outside. It has been a good week but daughter is sick! We've told her she will rest all week and hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. The weather is lousy right now but supposed to clear up on Wed. Right now Sat. is 81 and partly cloudy :-). Also low winds which is good because the ceremony is on the beach and wind would not be fun. All in all it is coming together. I hope you are all having a great week too.

yikes!!! i will have to dust off my brain and try to remember my password for the new forum. :o:o

i'm sure the wedding will be perfect, heidi!

but i have to ask how will you possibly get all those tasks accomplished in less than a week?

Wow Heidi, I had to sit down and take a break after reading your "To Do" list. You wore me out and my brain is spinning. I know you will pull this off and you will have a beautiful wedding. Your daughter is so lucky to have such a "SUPER MOM"! Enjoy a wonderful wedding. Sit back and relax after this is all over. Smile knowing you were the biggest part of making this all happen.

Tell me this is your only daughter so you won't be repeating this next year. It is going to be so beautiful. Make sure someone takes pics of EVERYTHING. Super Mom's do so much because it never occurred to them that they couldn't. I'm giving you a standing ovation because you not only did it all, but you did it so beautifully.

Is that all you have to get done this week? LOL! I have no doubt that you'll get all those items checked off your list in time for the wedding...it all sounds amazing. Things to add to your list: stay hydrated, rest when needed, and don't sweat the small stuff. Can't wait to see pictures! :)

LOL you guys are cracking me up! Just had the walk-through with the caterer so check that one off the list...oh yeah it wasn't on the list! LOL how many more of those do you think there will be? Hopefully I can get all the above, except the cake, done before Thur. then I can rest :P:P:P:P. Did I mention how many times I'm going to have to run to the store? Only one daughter so its all good. Really short of paying for it all this is fun! I just want it to be as perfect as I can for her but I won't turn into momzilla! I jsut want to relax and enjoy. Off and running again. Keep up the comments so when I get overwhelmed I can come here and laugh! At least APQS is going to let me read!!!!!!

Oh Heidi how I remember getting ready for my only daughters wedding. One week before the bridal shower that was at my house lots of cleaning painting etc oh yah the shopping and cooking I fell out of my pick up truck due to the ice on the running boards and broke three ribs. They gave me pain pills well yah right how could I use them and all this to do. Took one to paint. LOL Well all worked out was healed by the wedding day! I don't drink so after so many bought me a shot I was pretty happy! Hope everything goes well and take a break every now and then. Wishing you and family a wonderful day.

Sounds like you're having way too much fun, Heidi! Whatever you do, don't lose that magic wand you've been using!:P:P:P Oh, and when you're done with it, how 'bout shipping it to me so I can put it to good use cleaning my house, laying the rock walkway, recaulking the windows, replacing the screens the birds tore up hitting my not-so-clean windows, cleaning the windows... :o:D:D:D

Enjoy the wedding week and all good that goes with it!

You should really sit down and have a talk with one of my quilty ladies named Jean. She just came to pick up a quilt a couple weeks ago and told me about her granddaughter's wedding. It was the most traditional, most memorable, most old fashioned, and funded and planned completely by herself...with little nice touches like carrying the little white Bible with a red rose instead of an expensive bouquet, the Bible belonged to Grandmother who carried it in her wedding...and how the parents and grandparents on both sides had many years of marriage between them all, 40th and 50th wedding anniversaries so they are looking for a loooooonng fulfilled marriage together. I was almost in tears listening to her tell about it. Jean is from a German background and has a lot of family traditions rooted in that culture. She and her family are going on a cruise in Germany at Christmas...I forgot what it's called.

Heidi, I hope this is interesting to read when you get a chance. I'm sure your wedding will be exquisite and memorable as well. We're waiting for pictures.

Boni

OK I'll try to post an update before we go down :mad:. LOL I got 3 balero's done yesterday, actually 3 am this morning :) and the garter is about 98% done. Today is baking and lights. I got in a panic last night at 11 and decided to push through. Oh I forgot I have a quilt to stitch binding on too. The binding is on just the hand work that needs to get done. It is all good though. My panic attack is over, today is a new day.

Archived