My new record for beginning to ending a quilt!

My "Ghost Town" is a pattern  called "Ghost in Timbertown" by Sally Frey of Kenmar Quilts that she taught in her Scotia Inn Retreat in Scotia CA.  I took this in the spring of 2004(!) and probably finished it and started quilting on my DM in 2005.  I did the middle to and including the houses and then became so frustrated with my limited viewpoint on the DM that I stopped working on it for a while. 

In the meantime my mom was very sick and I was traveling to Florida a lot. In 2007 she passed away, and in 2008 I bought Millie thanks to my mom.

After a few years (LOL)of practice, i decided it was time to tackle this quilt.  It was interesting trying to put a half quilted quilt on my long arm.  Fortunately it was well basted, and square. 

Another big issue was the thread I started with, Valdani hand dyed cotton, and boy did I have a rough time finding a Valdani thread that I could use on the longarm without breaking every 2"!  I really love this thread, so I persevered, and  I know some of the tips on different threading on this forum made it possible to figure out this thread.

It took me a long time to feel confident enough to tackle this quilt.  This forum had alot to do with it.

post-3245-0-01857800-1372431561_thumb.jpg

post-3245-0-44746400-1372431564_thumb.jpg

post-3245-0-95961400-1372431567_thumb.jpg

Archived