APQS, Fons and Porter film a new video

Hey we had a great day yesterday helping with the filiming of a new APQS video in Des Moines. With the help of Dawn Cavanagh, Marilyn Badger, Karen McIntosh, and GEORGE, it was a day of fun and good food.

Myrna Fricken was even in Des Moines for all of the excitement. My quilting and sewing buddy, Beda Hobbs won the Grand prize of $500.00 to the Fons and Porter shop. She was really excited and so were all of her friends.

APQS did a great job!!! All I won was a T-shirt that George threw out in the audience. Oh Well.. it was a good day.

Barb Wetzel

:D:):P;)

Hi Barb,

What a great time. Thank you and your friends for being there with your enthusiasm. We all had a great time, I know I did. I am a big fan of all the wonderfully talented ladies that were involved. As well as APQS and all of our machine owners.

Looking forward to seeing you the next time. I'm sorry we didn't have more time to sit and chat.

Myrna

Jeanne... On the way home from the filming.. I stopped at the clinic and got the stitches out... I am able to typel a little better. I bought a KLUTZ glove to wear when I cut.

I have got a little bit of quilting done this week... so I am hoping it will be back to normal soon.

Thanks for checking... Barb

Barb and Debbie,

I was able to make the taping as well. I was stage left last row. Didn't win anything but had a great time. It was interesting. I had never seen Karen McTavish and I must say she doesn't look like her quilting. I expected a petite woman, very feminine, maybe blonde and quite traditionally dressed. WRONG! So much more fun than I would have guessed from her quilting style. Always nice to see Dawn, she is so warm and real.

Hi Barb, No I am still here in Des Moines I hope I get home today.

Just go to MQS Barb you will see lots of friend there and make new ones.

The DVD will run on the APQS website. We will post on the chat to let everyone know. You will should be able to get one as well.

Gosh I'm still smiling about it what fun.

I took a day of vacation from work to go to the taping and was so glad I did. My DH and co-workers thought I was nuts but it was worth it all. Glad to meet Myrna and Debbi. I didn't win anything either - stage right - top row, black down vest on (a little warm under lights)!! It was just so much fun to sit and talk with other quilters and see the pros do a little action work!!!

A great big thank you to APQS for this opportunity and the great lunch too! So glad I live in Iowa close to APQS family.

Now back to insurance!!!!!!

Sharon/The Country Stitcher:P

I was supposed to be at the filming, too, but my Laci (dalmatian) was busy getting started birthing a brand new litter of 10 puppies. I was so sorry to miss it. Would have been great to see everyone. The puppies are all healthy and doing well, though, so far...5 boys, 5 gilrs, maybe 3 livers (brown) and 7 black (it's a bit hard to tell somteimes at birth). Laci's a 3-year old American/Canadian champion and this is her second (and last) litter.

Very nicely ran into Barb in Ames a week or so ago with her wounded finger. Glad to hear you're healing nicely, Barb.

Just a side note.....Karen McT is coming to my studio to do a one day heirloom workshop on Sunday after the Ankeny Area Quilt Guild's Show in the middle of July. If anyone's interested, give me a holler!! Her work is so awesome and her workshops are fun filled and packed with the best!

Vicki

Hi Barb

I wish I knew you were there, I'd have loved to meet you. I was sitting with my new buddy Joyce - have you signed up to the forum Joyce - I hope so.

I had to leave at lunchtime to catch my plane back to Australia so I missed the great lunch and the prizes. It was a really great experience to be there - how lucky we all are that APQS invited us. Can't wait to see the whole production because I know Ricky Timms will be on it too.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Archived