REUNITED and it feels so good

Believe it or not, I have been doing the applique on one quilt since January.  Poor, dear George had gone the way of the treadmill (he became an expensive storage area)!  Over the months, I gave him some kind words and a few hugs, checked his wicks & all that, but hadn't fired him up in all this time.

Finally today I finished basting the quilt sandwich.  Wahoo!  I gave George a spa treatment and inserted a fresh needle.  Quietly, I asked him to treat me right as this will be a show quilt.  Then I started in on a little sample sandwich with 100 weight silk in the top and 50 weight cotton in the bobbin.  What a dreamboat he is!  He made a happy sound and a beautiful stitch.  We can begin quilting again at last!  Just wanted to share my milestone with all of you on the forum who have kept my mind in the game for the past 8 months.  Thanks for all the information & inspiration.  Wish me luck!  Here I go.... :D

Nancy in Tucson

Thats wonderful to hear, Nancy... nothing like settling in to fun/comfy/relaxed situations and locations..

Especially if it includes a quilting machine.

Glad Georgina is working so well, and didn't forget the mutual love affair !

Welcome back..

Rita

Archived