Building up thread supply

I recently purchased a Millie from this forum and need to purchase Omni thread for her. I don't want to use the cotton thread I used with my previous longarm. Other than purchasing a few cones here and there (from Superior), does anyone know of other possible discount sites to purchase thread? Thank you!

This is a great site that has good prices on Superior thread---Sew Thankful.

If you don't have a wholesale account with Superior, you'll be happy ordering here. A wholesale account is easy to set up with Superior and they offer wholesale pricing at the shows if you tell them you have an account.

http://www.sewthankful.com/superior-threads-omni-machine-quilting-thread-cones.html

So...with a commercial acct. (which I just had approved) I can just buy at a show with Superior? Do I have to preorder? I am asking since MQX will be here in just a few short weeks!

Hi Dave. They'll have a huge selection in the booth. Every color of King Tut, BottomLine, So Fine, silk thread, Omni,etc. What they won't have is a full selection of pre-wound bobbins in the half-gross size. They stock the most popular colors like white, gray, black, etc, and sometimes have a limited supply.

Down-load the inventory sheets from their website and mark what you want. With the color numbers on the sheet your shopping will be much easier. Grab a basket and the threads will be arranged by number just like on the inventory sheet.

You'll also find thread nets, needles, notions, and the like. And lots of inspiration from the beautiful quilts that decorate the booth.

I've never been asked for my wholesale account number, but have it ready when you ask for the better prices.

I don't know if you can pre-order. Shoot them an email since it doesn't hurt to ask. But I love to actually see the color of the thread. Sometimes you think you need two different beiges and realize when you see them that the color variation is very close and you might not need both.

Shop as early as you can and if a color isn't out, be sure to ask. They have lots of business and bring lots of stock.

I have used a lot of Superior Thread's "So Fine' with great results. I recommend them. I also use the Superior "Super Bobs' pre-wound bobbins about 90% of the time.

In addition to Superior Thread I also use a lot of thread from Metro (http://www.metroemb.com/store/). I bought a case of mixed colors which is shiny and is nice when you want the quilting to show. It works well in my machine.

Archived