Christmas Greetings

Merry Christmas, Friends!

We had the most wonderful Christmas Eve spent with our children and our good friends, Lisa C and her husband, Les. Today we are headed to our daughter's house for their first Christmas dinner in their new house.

I finished Halleigh's sweater and hat just in time for Christmas. I'm tired of knitting and ready to get back to my hand appliqué.

I'd love to hear how you are spending your holidays!

post-1093-0-68149900-1387987974_thumb.jpg

Merry CHRISTmas Forum Friends!

Praise our Lord and Savior; and may He bless you and your families this season!

Thank you Lisa E for a wonderful evening and sharing your family with us! Halleigh Jo is sooooo sweet! Her little sweater and hat are just darling!

Love the pink sweater! 

DH, me & the two German Shedder Dogs are hunkered down at home this holiday. Outside, it's cold but bright beautiful clear skies, and inside it's warm from our wood stove and the smells of home cooked Christmas breakfast is wafting through the house. I'm sipping on a latte I made from my espresso machine. Love that thing! :) Merry Christmas!

We spent Christmas Eve sharing nibblies and drinks with our neighbours.  

Christmas Day my husband and I spent by ourselves.  I did make him Yorkshire pudding to go with the Roast beef.

Today my daughter and her family come to visit for a week.  So I will be missing in action playing with my grandchildren.

post-2934-0-75187300-1388003435_thumb.jpg

Merry Christmas, you all! Christmas eve we had family over and had a nice tucked in evening. Today several of our kids and grandkids, dh and I went and did service in Jesus's name at a Salvation Army Christmas dinner site. There is something about doing this that nothing else compares with. It is such a humbling time. One realizes anew each time we serve just how blessed we are. May your time with family and friends this holiday season be blessed with love and cheer.

Two sons, a girlfriend, a DIL, a daughter and boyfriend, a granddaugter and grandson and my dad; two dobermans and a corgie, lots of food, a few thougtful presents and lots of smiles - all remembering the reason for Christmas and celebrating the gift of a Savior. What a great day! Thank you forum family for your encouragement, your pics, your troubleshooting tips and shared smiles. I am truly blessed!

We invited DHs widowed sister over for Christmas eve supper and then Christmas Day I had lunch with my Mom at her assisted living center..........in the afternoon we had some friends over who didn't have anywhere to go.   It was a very nice couple of days.  Today, the leftover "goodies" of candies, nuts, etc. went into a bag and will go home with my great nephew and his buddy when they come to hunt.  They are 16 so always eating.  haha   

Christmas day hubby and I went to the movie with friends then had a late lunch.  After we came home I spent several hours on the phone talking with kids and grandkids...I love facetime.  It seems I hit a home run with my gift choices for them all.  We had a few friends visit in the evening.  All in all...it was a great day.

Today I have to get the MRI on my back and hip and have a mammogram.  Ick. 

Right now I have to make a trip outside because I have a little puppy scratching at my leg and barking.  I've taught him to ring the little bells hanging from the door knob when he wants to go outside and he is very good at it.  The problem is he may want to go out to potty or he may want to go out and run to the fence to bark at the humongous dogs in the neighbors yard or he may want to go out and chase the birds in the flower bed.  All he knows is those bells open that door...lol.  He discovered the batting in the sewing room and boy does he like to tear it up.  He runs with abandonment all through the upstairs until I catch him.  I thought I had everything put up so he couldn't reach it, but he is ingenious at finding a way.   The little Sheltie usually comes and tells on him.  She'll stand where I can see her and look back and forth from me to him then I know he's up to something.  I'm enjoying both of them.

post-4696-0-24892500-1388076344_thumb.jpg

We, Himself and I, spent Christmas eve, just doing odds and ends of things.   Wrapping gifts, baking rolls, etc.

Christmas Day we spent with the 2 daughters, son-in-law, his Mom, and her friends G and C and their daughter Sarah,

our two granddaughters and one's friend, grand son, sil's nephew (our almost grandson) and his partner, and The 3 cats.

Cinder, Soot and Buffy.  It was wonderful, relaxed, noisy, and Noisy, and so much fun! 

The kitty's really loved that thing that goes around under the yellow circle.. even Buffy who has a very short attention

span, was kept busy for close to half an hour.  We had a lot of fun watching all of them.

It was great watching the kids, too!

I love to hear of all your happy Christmas Days.

Rita

Archived