Who supplies good quality Minky please?

Periodically, I have seen posted here on the forum, some amazingly beautiful Minky baby blankets that have been quilted. Now it's my turn to quilt some of these up, as I'm going to become a Great Aunt in the new year. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a supplier for good quality Minky. I remembered it had been mentioned some time back, but can't remember if I'd read it here or someone's blog. I know there are different qualities of Minky and I don't believe here in Australia we get the really good stuff, at least I haven't found it yet.

Could someone please point me in the direction of someone that supplies really good quality Minky?

Thanks forum buddies in advance! :)

I get mine at the local quilt shop, which now has an online shop  www.pnqs.net  They carry a few different brands and I have never been disappointed.  I have purchased some good quality Minky at other local shops, too, but I am not aware of them having an online store.  Right now is a great time as the shops around here are having a "we don't want to count it" sale to reduce inventory.

You might find it listed under "cuddle" by Shannon Fabrics. That's the line I have in my shop. It is a bit easier to find over the minky brand. I use the Cuddle brand all the time and it works beautifully. Tons of lint, though. Seriously, TONS. Also, load is with the least stretchy side between the bars of your frame so you aren't distorting it too much as you work and work with the sandwich looser than normal. 

You'll have to lint roll your canvas when you are done but it is soooooo worth it. 

I just got a bolt of LIME GREEN dotted cuddle that I'm in love with. I'm working on getting fabrics uploaded to my site but I'm just not there yet. Hmmmmm.... maybe a good project for this week while I'm closed until after the New Year. Hmmmm.... 

Enjoy! Try Googling "cuddle" and "shannon fabrics". You should find it then.

In northern Minnesota, the quilt shop that seems to have the most of it is "hingeleyroadquilting.com"  She carries only quilt shop quality fabric and does ship overseas.  My friend who has made several quilts...does like the "minkee" brand....I have not used it yet but hope to someday...

I use the Cuddle brand all the time and it works beautifully. Tons of lint, though. Seriously, TONS. Also, load is with the least stretchy side between the bars of your frame so you aren't distorting it too much as you work and work with the sandwich looser than normal. 

You'll have to lint roll your canvas when you are done but it is soooooo worth it. 

This sounds crazy but I put painters tape along the edge where I cut for squaring up and cut down the middle of the painters tape - take a little time but saves the clean-up time - most of the fuzz/lint will adhere to the tape.  I use the wide tape when I do this.

Archived