I'm Never gonna feel guilty about the size of my stash!

I am committed to working on my UFO's this year, too. I just finished my Guild's BOM from 2009, a Fons & Porter patriotic quilt. Now I am working on Weaver Fever from the same year-a Guild workshop. Then I have the Guild's 2013 BOM to finish, and 2 BOM's from our LQS. I already started the Guild's 2014 BOM,. I have 16 additional project bins of started quilts and around 30-35 quilt kits that I haven't started yet.

Of course there are the bins of fabric, too. I just counted 11 large Rubbermaid bins full of fabric.

I have 3 large bags, the kind you reuse at the grocery store, full of "strings" for future string quilts.

I have 12 shelves of quilting books.

Two large bins of quilt patterns.

About 450 cones of thread.

Over a hundred rulers.

4 sewing machines and a serger, plus my Liberty.

Oh, I am too tired to continue counting my treasures tonight.

PS- I also have bins of yarn.

I am committed to working on my UFO's this year, too. I just finished my Guild's BOM from 2009, a Fons & Porter patriotic quilt. Now I am working on Weaver Fever from the same year-a Guild workshop. Then I have the Guild's 2013 BOM to finish, and 2 BOM's from our LQS. I already started the Guild's 2014 BOM,. I have 16 additional project bins of started quilts and around 30-35 quilt kits that I haven't started yet.

Of course there are the bins of fabric, too. I just counted 11 large Rubbermaid bins full of fabric.

I have 3 large bags, the kind you reuse at the grocery store, full of "strings" for future string quilts.

I have 12 shelves of quilting books.

Two large bins of quilt patterns.

About 450 cones of thread.

Over a hundred rulers.

4 sewing machines and a serger, plus my Liberty.

Oh, I am too tired to continue counting my treasures tonight.

PS- I also have bins of yarn.

Sandra, ever hear of a 12 step program ;) ;) ;) Problem is, ya gotta want to stop! ;) I don't. ;)

I thought I had a big stash, but I don't have 192 bolts of anything.  You win Liam!  I wish I could send fabric to some of our international friends.  We could all get one international friend to swap with.  Might just work.  I just bought a Sizzix die that I can't find anywhere here in the US even though they said the quilt shops would have them in December and it cost almost as much to mail it to me as the die cost.  The stupid thing is I probably won't work on making that quilt until summer or later so there wasn't a big hurry other than I wanted it NOW. 

I was at a local quilt show earlier this year and saw a fabric in a quilt that I really liked.  Turns out if was from Australia and cost a fortune.  $27 for one meter (a little over a yard) and shipping.   I refrained from buying it, but I'm still thinking about it.   I have nothing in mind to use it on.  Maybe I'll just go buy it anyway.  Ok...I'm going to go order it...dang it...see how this works?  :)   

Ladies and gents--if your hubby or SO doesn't have a passion--some hobby or side-interest--life will be hard for you! If he spends on his stuff, he can't say anything about your stuff!

I pity the wives with a DH who's married to their work. If that's where their joy lies, they will be nothing but in your business and in your space when retirement comes!!!

So I'm thrilled that my DH has so many toys, machines, motorcycles, a tractor, a laser cutter, and the newest joy--a kiln for metal casting. They keep him busy, his mind sharp, his health better, and him out of my hair. He scraped a swath of lawn behind the steel fence in the front--which he built himself--tilled it and planted 450+ daffodil and tulip bulbs yesterday. He got to fire up the tractor, make sure the tiller was working, and we'll have gorgeous flowers this Spring. So I got to work, cook, and quilt. It's a great division of labor--and a joy!

So sorry  Linda but somehow when I ticked "like"  to your comment re your husband and his enjoyment of the all his machinery and other toys, it came back to me as " unlike" . That definitely not what I meant!!!  Now I can't enter anything!!

I think that man of yours is a grand fellow and how fortunate many of us are to have these men in our lives. Mine does book binding, enjoys the veg garden and is a very good cook. This means I have do do very little in the kitchen other than pour the drinks before dinner which means I of course have more time to play with my stash!!

Yvonne

Welp, my stash is, shall we say "ample"? 

Sandra Darlington,  how are you doing?  my nosey mind wants to know. :D

Yvonne, when you like, you can't like again, but the Unlike comes up, so you

can change your mind and remove the like.  I've not tried it to know what

happens after you "unlike". 

I'm sitting in 9-10 and now 13F temps, and can't wait until my bulbs come up.

Do Deer eat tulips, iris, daffys, etc?  I pray not.. we got over a dozen petunias

and they ate the flowers, then the plants, right to the ground.

Rita

Rita,

I've decided deer eat anything that doesn't eat them first! We have a very healthy herd in our neighborhood, and the only way I manage to get a new plant to survive is by putting chicken wire around it until it is too large for them to destroy with their horns. Sorry, but anything that blooms is like candy to them! I'm with Oma, maybe you need a new hobby......hunting! :wacko:

stash?  uhhh!  What is that?  ok...maybe I have just a little....a little here...a little there...OK...there is none in the bathroom....oh..wait...I do have one scrap in there keeping the magnet on the clothes chute from closing too tightly cuz the little knob on it is loose...does that scrap count?  ummm....if I am honest...there is at least a little fabric in every other room in the house....a pile in the cedar chest in the living room I use as a coffee table....the lawyer's four shelve bookcase in the guest room is full of fabric...then the dining room...oops...I don't have a dining room anymore...it is now my sewing room cuz my wonderful sewing cabinet was too big to make the corner into the guest room...Ok...in the kitchen is my ironing board and a stack of fabric on it....oh dear.....well there is the basement...well Lucey lives in the basement along with a bit of fabric scraps used for testing tension and stitches....ummm...oh...I have an attic...whoops! seems to be a mess of fabric and planned quilts up there and UFO's!  Hey at least I have several boxes stacked with labels on the front telling me what fabric I have inside! ....thread..oh..well maybe I have a bit of that too...oh...I forgot the guest bedroom closet...yeppers...full of a chest with fat quarters and 1/2 yard cuts...and boxes of single quilt patterns ....and my embroidery CD's for my embroidery machine...not to mention....the old hand cross stitching supplies that also live in the attic along with my stash of yarn...ok...I really don't need to buy anything for a while....but I do have a couple of full punch cards for a couple of quilt shops around here...can't let them go to waste....so...what did I do today...I started another UFO!  Yikes....well at least I got out of the house for a bit....I strapped on some snowshoes for the first time in about 15 years and made it out to my new squirrel proof bird feeder to refill it....I am glad no one had a video camera...my sister was there to call 911 if needed and to help me put the those snow shoes on...they are the old type...made of wood and gut/leather or whatever that stuff is....yep...still below zero here and the snow would have been up to midthigh without the snow shoes....ummm...maybe that is why folks quilt so much up here...during the winter...oh...and three deer went trotting down the road and up the sidewalks looking for food...it is really hard on them this winter and some of them will not make it...they are looking thinner than they were last fall already....Lin

You should give those deer directions to Rita's house...she's planted flowers for them.  On a more serious note it's good that you're feeding the birds.  When I was in SD I walked up a snowdrift and put a bird feeder on a dead wire going over to the wind break.  For a couple of years after that people kept asking how I got that bird feeder up there and better yet, how was I going to fill it.  That snow drift was almost as high as the roof.  Completely covered our lilac trees.  I put feed out for the pheasants, deer and squirrels, whatever animals were around.  It was a rough winter. 

Then the pipe to the well froze and broke off and shot water about twenty feet in the air and that froze so it looked like a winter wonderland.  Very pretty...very expensive.  They had to drill through all that frozen water into frozen ground to replace it.  That one took a few months to pay off, but the guys didn't hesitate to come fix it. 

The snow was so bad the fire dept. picked us nurses up on snowmobiles to get us to and from work. It's hard to go to work when you're leaving your kids at home alone.  Two of them were teenagers so they weren't having any babysitter (as if I could get one).  Lots of different worries during times like that.  We all survived and enjoy telling stories about it now.  I could have done without hearing about them putting their little brother on a trash can lid and sliding him down the snow drift from the upper deck to the driveway.  :wacko:

Archived