peacock applique pattern

How cute is that!

It looks like several sizes of tear drops cut out - does anyone have a Scan and Cut by Brother? I think we are going to have one at the studio to play with, I can ask Matt when I see him at the studio or ask him to chime in here.

Let us know what you find out.

Joanne Flamand

APQS Sales and Education

Artistic Quilt Design

Joanne - I don't have the Brother machine, but I have the Silhouette Cameo.  It is da bomb!  And, it's less expensive than the Brother.  A friend bought a Brother machine when they debuted at Houston last fall and was in negotiations to return it.  It did not work well and she was very frustrated.  Could have just been a bad apple, but I'd go with the Silhouette for less money.

Joanne - I don't have the Brother machine, but I have the Silhouette Cameo.  It is da bomb!  And, it's less expensive than the Brother.  A friend bought a Brother machine when they debuted at Houston last fall and was in negotiations to return it.  It did not work well and she was very frustrated.  Could have just been a bad apple, but I'd go with the Silhouette for less money.

Linda,

Can you program your own patterns or do you have to use downloaded ones (The DW is a Graphic Artist, among many of her artistic talents so being able to design would take it from Da Bomb to Da Bomb diggity as my nieces would say!)

I'd draw it out in graph, then determine the size you want the quilt, and the border/binding,

Figure it in quarters, and base the leaf size that you come up with.  Not hard to draw out,

or ask someone to draw the feathers, and/or the bird, flowers leaf.  I usually draw things like

this, in the size I want using old newspaper or butcher paper, a sketch pad page, etc.

Lay the base shapes out, and arrange them the way you want.. determine how many

feathers or tear drops, and flower leaves and flowers you need and in what colors.

It may sound daunting, but if you do it part by part, and not be figuring the whole thing

as one unit, it is less scary and you will be surprised at just what you CAN do.

Rita

Linda,

Can you program your own patterns or do you have to use downloaded ones (The DW is a Graphic Artist, among many of her artistic talents so being able to design would take it from Da Bomb to Da Bomb diggity as my nieces would say!)

You can draw your own things.  You can also scan things in and have it cut them.  So far, it does absolutely everything I could want it to do.  I really, really like this machine.  You can cut paper, card stock, fabric, vinyl, leather, etc.  I love it.

You can draw your own things.  You can also scan things in and have it cut them.  So far, it does absolutely everything I could want it to do.  I really, really like this machine.  You can cut paper, card stock, fabric, vinyl, leather, etc.  I love it.

Excellent! Thanks!!! It is now on my "must have list"! Looks like there are two different levels to the software as I do more research. Do you have the standard or the designer edition upgrade?

Archived