Panto ideas?

I made a king-size Old Tobacco Road quilt out of Civil War prints and just finished piecing it today. My first thought was to use the Circle Lord Baptist Fan on it but then thought maybe something else would add a little fun to the kind of drab Civil War fabric. My knees won't let me do a king size custom job, so a panto is going to have to do. Any ideas of which one?

Holy moly, sorry for the huge picture!

Old+tobacco+road+king+3.jpg

I think the Baptist fan would be great. I also think Lush Leaves or Sage would be very pretty on it!

https://www.urbanelementz.com/shop/search/?keywords=lush+leaves

https://www.urbanelementz.com/shop/search/?keywords=SAGE

This one would be nice too!

https://www.urbanelementz.com/shop/product/fan-feathers/

Love you fabrics!  It is going to be wonderful!!! Be sure to share a picture!!! Oh, I like big pictures!!! :)

Tyra, thank you! Yes it was a lot of piecing! So glad to be done.

Heidi, thank you for the nice compliment on the colors. I'm happy with them, too!

Thank you all for the input. The quilt I already have on my bed is quilted with the CL BF so I was hoping for something different, but I agree this one would be a perfect candidate for it too so I guess it's gonna be another BF! Oh well. Lol

Dell thanks for the other panto ideas.

Zeke, what are cobblestones? Are they really big pebbles of different sizes?

I love the yummy colors! I am siding with Dell -- you don't HAVE to do a Baptist Fan design (unless you really want it) but it seems to me you want to step out of the box on this one. Why not step out?  Any type of edge to edge would look fabulous on this. Something leafy and viney would be pretty. Or even a repetative design that is more structured and classic, such as Chantilly Lace would look really pretty too. You could look at the more structured designs that repeat often and this would give it a classic look, yet would not be the BF.  Something to consider.

Oh shoot, Shana, and here I thought I had made up my mind! LOL I'm thinking I should go with my heart, right?

This reminds me of something that happened the other day. One of the girls I quilt for texted me a picture of a quilt she was working on and wanted my "professional opinion." (kinda funny!!) She asked if she should use the black corner stones or just white sashing. I kinda liked the black as so did her SIL and her DH, but she liked the white. I told her that sometimes you just have to follow your heart and not listen to what others like, which is exactly what she did.

Maybe I should take my own advice here!

Bonnie, I agree with Dell and Shana.  :)  Of course the BF would look lovely on this beautiful quilt, but since your current quilt is already quilted that way, I say go for a panto.  All of the ones that Dell has shown would be beautiful on there.  So go for it and follow your heart and be sure and show us another nice, big picture of this beautiful quilt when it's all quilted!  Can't wait to see it!    :D

I would do something "bubbly" or "curly" , I like it when the quilt pattern is geometrical

and with these wonderful vibrant colors it would look nice ?!

regards Lisa

I will try and attach a photo of a recent quilt I quilted "bubbly", its is called "whole lotta bubbles"

I think Cobblestones are brick work, or chunks of almost flat stones that fit together, like in a patio, or side of a house.. I agree.. cobblestones would be nice, and so would Baptist Fan.

I can see a panto I saw, in my minds eye, that would be perfect for that quilt, but can't remember where or whose, or anything else..

Go with your heart.

Rita

Archived