Bags to return customer quilts in

Hello friends

Do any of you have bags that you put your customers quilts in when you return them with your business logo on it?  If so where did you get them, I am looking into getting some to give to my customers with each first quilt and when they bring a new quilt in it they will get a discount.

Mary

https://virginialongarm.com/professional-quilt-carriers/

You can get theses quilt carrier/storage bags. Not printed with your logo, but with a spot for your business card. Otherwise, Google reusable bags and I'm sure you'll find a multitude of prospects.

This is just my business philosophy, but I would not give a customer a discount just for bringing in their next quilt in a bag that you paid for and gave to them. The cash spent for the bag and the discount for the next one comes right out of your profit.  If they're bringing another quilt, you've already wowed them and a "gift of appreciation" isn't necessary.

Sorry to be so blunt, but if I paid a chunk of cash for some nice bags, those would be doled out when the customer brings their tenth quilt, not their first one. :P

The bags from VA Longarmers are really nice but I wonder who they buy them from?  I don't want to take away from any fellow quilter's profits but   I prefer to pay wholesale.  I like the idea of giving a nice bag to a customer that keeps bringing quilts to me.  I saw one webpage that sold the bags to her customers,  but if they brought 10 tops to her she gave the bag free with their name on it. 

It seems like a nice idea to give a bag to customers, but if you stop and think about it, well, who gives you a gift for shopping with them? I don't have enough customers to spend money on them. Sorry to be the scrooge, but I give discounts as a reward for being a repeat customer. It's better to impress them with your quilting skills so they keep coming back. So, use the money you would spend on bags to purchase fabric and different kinds of threads to practice your quilting. Have some business cards printed with an area on the back to mark each time they bring you a quilt and offer a discount when it is filled up. JMO

I use white shopping bags with handles from U-Line, and put a sticker that is printed the same as my business cards on it.  It was a very economical solution.  I do regret buying a huge box of just one size.  A "variety-pack" with different sizes is offered and I wish I had gotten it. 

Carol

Archived