Who has used blue?

Yes, it does,work.  It isn't perfect, and will not completely remove very large quantities of blue marker.  But, for lightly marked quilts, for example a, stencil marked in a block, it works very well and I would buy it again.

• 4 weeks later...

A few weeks ago, I tested the Blue Line Eraser on some prewashed Kona White fabric for a quilt I have waiting to be quilted. I used the marker they suggested on their site (bought it at the same time) and I used the Blue Line Eraser both in the pen and spray bottle and thoroughly wet the fabric. It removed the blue lines wonderfully. So then I put the fabric in the freezer to see if the blue lines returned. They didn't. Fast forward a few weeks to this morning and I noticed a few parts of the blue marks have returned, but not all. I wonder why it took so long for them to return? It isn't particularly cold weather here either.

Hi Bonnie. The pen that re-activates in the cold is the Frixion pen, not the blue water-erase pens.

If the blue returned, it wasn't fully removed with the application of the Blue Line Eraser or the water saturation. The blue pen manufacturer recommends full immersion in cold water and let it soak a bit. Some show quilters who use the blue pens actually put a bag of ice in their washer, fill with cold water, and immerse their quilts to make sure the marks are gone. (Not agitation, just a soak.) An addition of baking soda helps as well--a tablespoon per gallon of water--will reduce the Ph of the water and speed up the process. Swiping an applicator or spritzing lightly will immediately remove the marks, but sometime the blue isn't fully removed or has migrated into the batting and will reappear.

I've used the blue pens for wholecloth marking but use the purple air-erase for all other marking. The humidity here allows the marks to stay for days and I feel lucky that I can mark a row or border and quilt before they disappear. I also spritz the purple marks if they are lingering, but I don't have to worry about them ever being permanent.

Oh, it IS the Frixion pens, not the blue ones that reactivate in cold. What was I thinking???

Thank you for sharing how one removes the blue markers. I was really hoping the Blue Line Eraser would work as I have a few things I wanted to mark off the frame and not have to go through the process of soaking the product out. I have stayed away from the blue pens but thought maybe I could use them if the Blue Line Eraser would work with just spraying the marks off. Oh well, guess I still stick to my purple air erase-ables from Marvey.

I'm saving your invaluable instructions just in case! Thanks Linda!!!

Our embroidery queens here in the 'Burg rave about the Frixion pens! I guess here in good ole hot South MS the color doesn't tend to come back as perhaps the cooler climates. As I see it that's the only advantage to our extreme heat and humidity for June, July and August (unless you like to swim). (I also thinks it give the ladies good clean, clear skin!)

Archived