Modern Quilt - Lines and Gemotric Shapes - In Progress

You all know how I like my in progress photos!  I haven't posted in a bit so I wanted to share what I'm working on.  Lately my time has been sucked up in emailing and mock ups!  UGH!  I'm still learning how to juggle everything - but - still having fun.  :)

This quilt was made by the mother of a highschool friend of mine - we didn't actually go to school together but spent a lot of time together the year just after graduation.  Nowadays I hang out with his Mom!  She is a fellow quilter and member of my local quilt guild - just about the nicest lady you could meet.  ;)

13588916815_f5864528b4.jpg
971262_772405836106005_841124735_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

13589291454_894e819df1.jpg
1978782_772128536133735_1641810883_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

I have been watching your quilting since you purchased your ultimate 1 and Dave and deloa will be delivering mine Monday or Tuesday of next week and I have been nervous about going to no stitch regulator and than I view your photos and it is very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to get my machine and practice practice. Your quilting is amazing .

Sandy

Thank you all!  I tend to be an uber traditional quilter so this is really fun! 

Sandy - than you SO much for your kind comments - it truly means so much to me!  I thought I had made a mistake when I first brought my long arm home.  I was determined, but I was very very frustrated too.  I was pretty proficient at quilting on my domestic machine, and when it wasn't easy with my long arm I really panicked.  We all will tell you to keep at it and keep practicing, and after some time it will be difficult to hear - but truly keep at it!  At this point I honestly don't feel like I NEED a stitch regulator - but it would be a really nice bonus.  It would be nice not only for the consistency of the stitches but some of the other functions that come along with it.

Good luck with your new machine Sandy!  I cannot wait to see all of your beautiful creations!

- Valerie :)

I have been watching your quilting since you purchased your ultimate 1 and Dave and deloa will be delivering mine Monday or Tuesday of next week and I have been nervous about going to no stitch regulator and than I view your photos and it is very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to get my machine and practice practice. Your quilting is amazing .
Sandy

Very nice Valerie!  You do an amazing job without the SR and quilting like this really proves that.  Straight lines, even stitches, lines evenly spaced apart.  All I can say is mine would not look this good and I do have SR!

This does look a little out of the box for your style of quilting but it just proves that you can do anything!!!  I'm always anxious to see what you do next! :)

Pat - thank you!!  I truly appreciate that!  I really had fun with this!  It is to be a "couch quilt" so I didn't want to go too crazy, but the owner is an art lover and really into mid-century vintage so I tried my best to suit his style.  It isn't what I normally quilt but that is part of the appeal of quilting to me - I love all of it!  I'm a fan of art quilts, traditional quilts, modern quilts...you name it!  Part of the fun is the challenge of being given a set of perameters and trying to design something around them.

Nancy - thank you!  I sure hope so!  Of course you always want t make your customer happy, but I know these two well so their opinion was extra important to me...fingers crossed!  :)

Very nice Valerie!  You do an amazing job without the SR and quilting like this really proves that.  Straight lines, even stitches, lines evenly spaced apart.  All I can say is mine would not look this good and I do have SR!

This does look a little out of the box for your style of quilting but it just proves that you can do anything!!!  I'm always anxious to see what you do next! :)

Great use of the straight lines, Valerie.  I'm sure your customer will be delighted with how the quilting enhances her composition.  Nancy in Tucson

Archived