Another Disaster!

I was so fed up trying to do things on the little burnette that I took the Viking Des.1-USB down to be fixed.

It is currently sitting at $300.00 He had to change 2 light bulbs, said cleaning didn't have much to do, and several adjustments, all taking time.

We checked it out to see if the lights still flickered when sewing.. They Did! He was shocked as he couldn't get it to flicker when he was repairing it and sewing. We tried it several more times and sometimes it flickered, so he checked the light bulbs.. One was out and the other was nearly black at the top. He replaced them, tried it ans th flickering kepot happening. I didn't even know there was a light in one spot!

A bit more testing and he found out it is the mother board.

This is taking too much funds from the drain lines for the septic tank, so that will have to wait another month, or so.

The "STUFF" is still happening. The heat pump is going wonky, to keep it about 70 in here we have to set it up on 75. It had been 72-73. Won't have any choice but buying a new one, if it goes out before cool weather hits.

We need prayers that all will settle down, and that the funds to handle them as they happen will be provided.

It's hard to go through this stuff.. and stay sane..don't need another heart attack.

Rita

Rita, so sorry you are still having issues with so many different things.  One idea that comes to mind - are you sure your hear pump is to blame, and not your thermostat?  A new thermostat is a lot less expensive, and if that's the problem, a new heat pump will not help.

Praying for you . . .

so sorry Rita...know how that goes...had to get two crowns and a couple of fillings after paying for the new roof last year....what I have decided to do with my top end computerized sewing machines to to simply replace them when they go with hopefully a lower end one and even more hopefully...a decent mechanical machine that will do the piecing and what I need for quilting....I don't do embroidery much anymore and when the two machines go....I will really consider hard if I want to replace them at all....Most of my piecing lately has been done on my little Gem Gold or my Bernina 630.....I just picked up a singer 66 made in the early 1950's that just has a straight stitch and reverse...if it gets going needs a new belt for about $9...I may be just happy with it....after all...some of those old singers have been stitching happily along for over a hundred years....I am tired of replacing those high end computerized machines and the circuit boards....I think that is why some of us find the APQS machines charming especially to old ones....Lin

Big Thanks for the prayers.. they help so much.

Yes, we are positive it is the heat pump. It is so old some parts aren't available any more, nor a replacement for them. It cost plenty last winter and start of this year.

I do need the Viking machine.. I too have little Singers, feather weight, 99K, and other machines that will sew straight lines, but I do need the embroidery, and some of the stitches/features that most of the older machines don't have.

I don't change machines often, and this one is 6 or 7 years old, so far too new to be having such problems. I've owned Vikings since the mid 70's. But for one Lemon, they've never had problems even close to this. I'm disappointed in this machine. But... lol, still need it.

That is unless HeidiM sends me her Diamond to play with, forever! lol

LOL Rita I don't think you'd be happy with my Diamond either.  I swear this machine has had to go to the shop a whole lot more than my 1+ ever had to.  I just had it serviced in Feb. and it was $200.  I don't think I'd buy another Viking.  It will be long while before I need a new machine though.

Rita, I'm right there with you.  It's always something, and sometimes 5 or 10 things.  But, you'll get a break and for a short while things will go better and then it'll start all over again...I know you know how it goes. 

We just got a loan paid off and three months later our a/c went out so now we have to pay for that.  It sucks but, in those rare but optimistic moments, I tell myself how lucky blessed I am to be able to get something fixed and not have to live in heat like 'the good ole days'. 

I'll pray that your situation gets better.

Joan

Heidi, when we were talking with Kathy and Bobby, about V. machines, he said forget the Diamond, the Ruby is the one with the most friendly stitches, and embroiderys, and with the least problems.  It is a beauty.. wish I could, but definately can't.

Hope yours settles down.

Just try to enjoy it.

Rita

Archived