2015 MQS has a new location!!

WOO HOO!!! I just got the official news that Machine Quilters Showcase will be in Cedar Rapids, Iowa May 11-16, 2015. Yes, next year! That is 3 hours away from me! They are making radical changes to energize their show. Hands on classes will have 1 student per machine and classes will be 1 to 4 hours long. No all day classes.

They also have a great grant program for new quilters. You write a letter to apply, and if chosen, you get $400 to register for classes. If anyone would like help writing a letter, I still have a copy of mine that won me a grant a year after I got my machine.

I am doing a happy dance!

The number of quilt shops in Iowa will completely amaze people in some other areas of the country.  I have 8 within less than a half hour of me, and I live in the middle of corn country.   I could probably quadruple that number if I went an hour away.  If you come, try to schedule an extra day or so to shop hop in some of the small towns.  You won't be sorry.

Oh Dang it. I had fingers crossed for Omaha. With Epply Airfield being so big and all..figured it would get more in with direct flights than a smaller airport.  Oh well, and now it's even a longer drive than Witchita KS was.  So glad they moved it tho. Im NOT a fan of Wichita KS in the first place.

Archived