teaser pictures!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sherry, and everyone, a friend sent me this web site, and I must say I have never seen anything like it. It's quite a inspiration for everyone, I'm sure. do you publish any books. I can't imagine where one would start making such a beautiful item as this quilt, please tell me more, I know its late so anyone, everyone jump in and explain everything to me.

Thank you

Lindy

Sherry,

I know you are probably busy with that quilt...but when you have time...what size of Renea's Arcs did you use. I notice there are several sizes...how do we know which one to buy, or do we need to buy all of them?(Which would make my DH sad, and Renea very happy).

Sherry,

Your quilting as well as your customers applique is fantastic.

When I fist got my longarm a little over two years ago a LA friend of mine told me she "wanted to to Sherry Roger's when she grew up" I didn't know who you were at the time. Now I know and I want to be you as well! I love when you show us pictures of your work! I'm planing to take a class with you in 2008.

HI Mary Beth

In this case since I had the quilt and designed the quilting prior to quilting, I knew what size arcs to purchase. This quilt used 2 size arcs but since the circles were drawn on the fabric prior to quilting I found that if I did not have the PERFECT size arc it is very possible to skootch the arc to fit the drawn circle.

The radiating lines were drawn on the quilt with a template I made from stencil plastic since I could find nothing on the market large enough to fill my circle. Again, after they are marked it is easy to find use an arc template as a stitching guide. You do not need something as long as the circle is since you are typically quilting around your applique.

Hope this helps, holler if you have further questions

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Sherry,

I know you are probably busy with that quilt...but when you have time...what size of Renea's Arcs did you use. I notice there are several sizes...how do we know which one to buy, or do we need to buy all of them?(Which would make my DH sad, and Renea very happy).

AWESOME!!

What a beautiful heirloom! Especially through the addition of your artwork. You are truly wonderful to share this with all of us so that we can learn from your design and hopefully, someday may be able to create something comparable. It is through seeing the art techniques you use, that we can also become better in our designs. When you have finished, and you create a class on your techniques, I'll be the first to register. In the meantime, you've sold me on getting more tools.

Oh my gosh, I just realized you are in Federal Way. My two aunts/uncles have lived there for over 50 years. What a small world.

Thanks again.

Hi Sherry,

Your quilting is absolutely stunning! I too agree you are not "showing off" but an inspriation to me and others. If you didn't post pictures and generously give tips I know I would have given up much sooner. You mentioned you planned the quilting, this is a bit ignorant of me but do draw it on a clear overlay first to see how it looks? I find that at times get stumped of what to do. My dear friend Sue Morris is at the other side of the country always is helpful if I'm really stuck.

Anyhow again gorgeous!!!

Simone

Hi Simone

I take a picture of the quilt top, print it and then draw on vellum paper until I am happy with the way it looks. Here is a picture of the drawing I submitted to the quilt owner for approval. Holler if I can help you further and thank you for your very kind comments. (Of course it goes without saying, this drawing and design is copywritten)

post--1346189794171_thumb.jpg

I'm posting this for my friend Joyce. She managed to get an e-mail to me but is having computer issues that aren't allowing her to post to a web site. I'm typing her reply to all of you in so it will be in her words. I am also dying to see this quilt in person. I saw it before it was sent to Sherry and saw the overlay that Sherry e-mailed to her before beginning the quilting. I'm in awe over the photos. Now to get 1/4 th as good as Sherry would be to die for!!!

Joyce's reply:

Girls, eat your hearts out!! Soon this quilt will be coming home to me!!! Seriously this (the top) is a gift from a Vietnamese friend of mine. She saw a picture in a magazine of this quilt in a museum and it is a very old quilt. She got permission from the museum to reproduce the quilt. She does all the pre-work and then sends it to her nieces in Vietnam to applique and pays them a wage so they can have an income. Thuy, my friend, has had a one man show of her applique quils in the Kalona Iowa museum and sells many of her quilts to collectors. If you'd like to see some of her other works check her web site www.thuy.tripod.com

I own a Mille but no way was my machine going to touch that quilt. It just needed Sherry's beautiful work. I'm just as anxious (probably more so) to see the finished quilt as you all are Joyce Anderson jdaquilts@aol.com

I just watched your slide show - and YES Sherry you are IT!! Your work is

very beautiful and inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with

all of us - you are very generous with your ideas and tools and such - -

thank-you - thank-you! Just can not be said enough... Keep 'em coming!:D

Say - I have a question for you..... is there a way on webshots to get an

email notice when certain people add photos? Not real sure how that site

works.....

Archived