teaser pictures!

I have been working on the most beatifully appliqued quilt I have ever had the pleasure of quilting and have been given permission to share. I still have quite a way to go before it is finished but I can show a few of the elements with you.

I can't wait to put the last stitch in this, I am getting very anxious to see the whole picture!

post--13461897940605_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherry,

It is even more beautiful than I imagined!

I hope that you enter this one in a show, it's a blue ribbon winner for sure!!;)

Thank-you for always sharing with us!!:D

It's not nice to tease!! Just beautiful as is everything you touch.

I tell you if I ever quilt this beautifully I will think I died and went to HEAVEN!

PS. I just love your basketweave. Do you use a template or Ranae Rays to draft it? Also when you overstitch which ruler do you like to use? I am learning to fully draft my ideas before I begin a quilt. In the past I would just figure out what I wanted to do and go for it. Drafting it out on sketch paper helps keep me moving and no decisions to make. Once in while I'm sure we all change our mind at the last minute. lol

I love the dainty ditcher and my small oval. I wish I had an oval that was just a tad smaller than it. I use my small circle sometimes but I like the arch of the oval more. I also love my arcs from Ranae Rays (I think I'm spelling her name wrong sorry ) I need to order the smaller set from Myrna. I would like to see some smaller ones for really small works. I plan to do some in the future.

Again Sherry your amazing!!!! Keep the progress coming. Can't wait to see it completed. WOW!

Thanks everone!

I hope to have it finished in another day or 2 . When it is finished I will explain the tools I used.

Grammie, Gadget Girls has mini ovals templates now, check them out. I did not use the Basket Weave stencil on this quilt. I am using curved crosshatching though and filling in with a tight backround. I travel across the quilt backtracking when I have to. My newest ruler, the Deluxe Dainty Ditcher is glued to my hand the entire time and my husband has to pry it out of my fingers at the end of the day!

More later...I have much to do!

Sherry, I've been dying to see these photos. Joyce showed me the overlays of the quilting designs. Now I'm even more anxious to see it in person, I may be camped out at her house waiting for it's return right along with her!!

The quilting is absolutey stunning!! She'd post something here but her password isn't working, maybe we can get that fixed tomorrow, she just called me to let me know the photos were up. Needless to say she's thrilled!!! :P:D jeri

...You guys have been busy typing!! LOL

I am just taking a break from all the outlining but am going right back to work after this! I will try to answer a few questions while here. I think I started this quilt about the 20th of last month. I took a few hours in the evening to design the quilting. It was approved the next day and I started marking the quilt. That took about 2 days. Went to Vegas for about 4 days and started the quilting on the 6th. I have worked every day all day except for this last Sat. and Sunday. I have not tracked the hours but it is a bunch! I will be finished in another day or 2.

I took some pictures of the plethora of tools that I used for this quilt. One cannot have too many tools and I think I do own them all! LOL

The Deluxe Dainty Ditcher is pictured. It is a modification of a tool I made many years ago called the Extend-A-Ruler only shorter! It will be available for ordering soon. The apple core is also handy as a pocket. I made mine out of 2 commercially available piecing templates. Simply super glue them together and it comes in quite handy for those leaves! I love the fact that I can do both convex and concave shapes without swapping rulers!

I used Renea' Rays and Arcs for the large circles and radiating lines.

Teresa...I think we better chat! I do not have you on my calendar!

post--1346189794092_thumb.jpg

Archived