teaser pictures!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherry,

I hope you consider doing some sort of instructional book on all these lovely quilts you do!!

Ya know like "Sherry's Tools of the Trade-secrets"! ;)

In your spare time you know?

Seriously I know we would all be your best supporters!!!:D

Sherry - oh my! What a beautiful project! Even if the applique is just

perfect - which it looks like it is - you are really making this quilt look SOOO

awesome! I am awaiting more photos ....... you are so generous with us

all in sharing you ideas and thoughts and tool info. Thanks so much!!:)

All your quilting looks so punctuated, precise, eye-popping. The radiating lines look like an excellent idea for the center area. The diamonds mixed with circles are a nice contrast in shapes. Very pretty Sherry.

Some day I'd like to take a class from you. I just have to get beyond beginner status. Thank you for sharing your pictures and tools. Congratulations also on the $300 bid on your Alzheimer's donation.

Vicki

Hello

I used Renea's Arcs as stitching guides. Here is a direct link to Renea's products, the arcs are at the bottom of the page. http://www.renaequilts.com/Products.html

Originally posted by smd719

Sherry:

Your quilting is amazing. As a newbie I want to ask how do you actually stitch such big circles? I looked at Ranae's Rays so I know how to mark it. Thanks.

Hi Gloria

Thank you, I am truly humbled by your words....but I have thought about your posting and want to be clear that there are MANY VERY talented longarms quilters out there as well. Many do not post to this list although we all know they are here. Many have chosen other forums to post to , and remain loyal to only those. I am here because you all make me feel welcome and most seem to appreciate anything I have to offer. I am not and never will be an IT girl, a triplet or a star in the quilting world but I do enjoy sharing my passion for longarm quilting and I do enjoy the quilting process! I hope you all see my sharing as inspiration for creativity and not as a forum to be showing off. I will never understand those that feel threatened by others success's but I know I have no control over their insecurities either!

There, I said it!

Originally posted by BanAir

Just being able to see such exquisite work is a real treat. You are one of the best there is. Can't wait to see it finished. I can't imagine the hours you have spent doing all you have done creating the finishing touch to this spectacular quilt. What dedication and patience. The owner must be thrilled. Congrats!!!!!

Gloria

Sherry,

You are really talented, but of course it didn't happen overnight, I'm sure. (Or did it?) I have been la'g for 8 months now, and I have improved so much from where I began. I'm wondering how long you have been doing this. Is there any hope that if we work as long as you have that we may be able to quilt like you do???

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your pictures. I know how you feel about people taking things wrong. I assure you, I am not one of those. I see it as a great GIFT to us for you to share like you do. You certainly don't have to.

I would love to take a class -- or see a video -- or read another book -- or whatever in order to learn how you do what you do. You are AMAZING! Thank you again for sharing your talent with us. Another super-talent is Renea -- speaking of her rays and arcs. I would like to see them demoed so I can understand their use better.

Hugs, Joy

Originally posted by SherryRogers

Hi Gloria

Thank you, I am truly humbled by your words....but I have thought about your posting and want to be clear that there are MANY VERY talented longarms quilters out there as well. Many do not post to this list although we all know they are here. Many have chosen other forums to post to , and remain loyal to only those. I am here because you all make me feel welcome and most seem to appreciate anything I have to offer. I am not and never will be an IT girl, a triplet or a star in the quilting world but I do enjoy sharing my passion for longarm quilting and I do enjoy the quilting process! I hope you all see my sharing as inspiration for creativity and not as a forum to be showing off. I will never understand those that feel threatened by others success's but I know I have no control over their insecurities either!

There, I said it!

Dear Sherry,

Your last sentence written above really touched my heart. As I learn and grow in my quilting (my passion), my deepest wish is that those ahead of me (people like you) will "Pay It Forward" so that all of us benefit from it, and subsequently, that all of us who benefited from that knowledge will follow along and Pay it Forward for others as well. How can we continue to improve something like the beautiful art of quilting if we don't share together for the greater good? If we all put any insecurities and threats aside and become the ladder rungs and shoulders for eachother to climb upon so we may all reach high and become the best that we can be, who knows what can be achieved for this quiltmaking art? It's infinite. It's awesome. I can't even imagine it. YAAAY! Life is good. Thanks for always sharing and inspiring. We all need each other to be the best we can. Besides, isn't this just supposed to be fun? :)

Oh and PS: Sherry baby, honey, you are a star. You are a star. The brighest stars are the ones that shine because they are happy and good and shine because they can't help but sparkle because the light it just oozes out of them. You are a star. And I quote lyrics from a Pink Floyd hit: "Shine on you crazy diamond!" :cool:

My dear husband was standing behind me when I clicked on the first picture "Oh wow!" was what I heard from behind me. Same reaction on the next photo. He is right. "Wow" doesn't say enough though. You would just have to add about fifteen more of those "Wow!"s to come half way close to the beauty of that quilt. I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

You may not think you are a star in the quilting world, but you certainly are to those of us on this message board. You are so creative. I always stare at your work and think "How did she come up with that design?" Yes you really need to teach a class or write a book on designing.

Then, to have customers that bring you tops that are just made for that type of quilting and let you do what you want.

You inspire each of us to keep striving to do better and better quilting.

Thanks for sharing.

Phyllis

Archived