NQR - New puppy in the house

Last weekend we drove to the Portland/Vancouver area to pick up a new puppy. He's our third cairn terrier and is already adorable. His pen is in a corner of the family room so that he can see me when I'm working on a quilt. So far he's captured our hearts but I will be most glad when he's able to sleep the entire night without having a potty call.

His name is Frankie and he's 10 weeks old and joins Fearghus (4 1/2) and Fiona (2 1/2). He has the cutest little overbite which is why we were able to get him at such an early age. We now have our very own F-troop. Of course no one younger than us will understand the reference. LOL

In quilting news, I have three charity quilts to do. And just a few minutes ago a lady from one of my guilds contacted me to quilt a king-sized quilt by Christmas. It'll have to be a rush job because it won't be pieced until the end of next week. Slowly I'm adding to my client list. Yay!

Uh-oh, the puppy is crying again. Gotta go and see what's going on.

post-18162-0-79168800-1418411134_thumb.jpgpost-18162-0-23697600-1418411141_thumb.jpgpost-18162-0-68609200-1418411146_thumb.jpg

ohhhhh!  A cairn puppy....I so want one but am thinking I may be getting a bit old....I have two senior cairns, age 12 and 13.  They are still hoots...but nap a lot in between their antics.  I remember when they were pups...really had to keep on my toes....now they have me trained well and our routine is pretty much set....Cali got me up at 4:30 this morning cuz she likes to eat!  I made them scrambled eggs with their kibble...I love your other two too...mine are both brindle and dark...Cali was a Blondie until she was 3-4 then turned dark....folks had a hard time believing she was the same dog.  I love how cairns coats change.  Now they both have a fair amount of gray on their heads and chest.  I also love how when they go outside during the summer, I get a glimpse of red in Cali's coat.  Have fun....Some folks say that having a cairn is like having a perpetual teenager...they are always testing the limits....and I also found that they are not a dog who exists to please you...you exist to please them!  I do believe I am still alpha but some days I am not so sure.  After having cairns though....I don't think I would ever have any other breed...they do worm their way in....I volunteered at the local dog show for several years and only saw one cairn in the obedience rings...and she stole the show by stopping midway around the ring and taking a big yawn....then looking around at the crowd as if to say  Oh well....I guess I will finish this silly exercise....Lin

Sewingpup .. yes, I think that we're happy to have added to our pack but three is quite enough. As I recall with the other two, it took a full two years before they really matured enough to not be puppy-like.

Fortunately the puppy has no problems with the noise from Freddie/IQ running. However I did learn that I must put the backing up on the frame when taking a break. The little stinker tried to jump up and grab it when it was hanging down. While I'm quilting he's in his pen watching. The other two sometimes come into the room to keep me company.

Archived