Christmas Quilts for my daughter and me

I have been busy for the past two months quilting for customers and myself.  During a lull in customer quilting I pieced two identical quilts.  One for my daughter and one for myself.  She picked out the focus fabric last year and I went back to the store and purchased the rest of the bolt so I would have enough fabric for 2 quilts.  I used the Happy Trails quilting pattern from Keepsake Quilting.  I stopped quilting customer quilts a week before Christmas and loaded both quilts on my Millie at the same time.  One after the other because they were too wide to fit side by side.  I freehand quilted both of them, mostly without the stitch regular on.  Vickie, (Beachside Quilter) came over and we brain stormed quilting ideas until we came up with the design.  A big thank you to Vickie.  I finished the binding on my daughters quilt at 11:00 on Christmas morning, wrapped it and went to her house for the day.  She was totally surprised. It was the first time I was able to quilt something for her that she didn't already know about.  I finished binding my quilt a few days later.  I used Glide thread in Military Gold top and bottom.  Here are the pictures.  Thanks for looking.

15523095853_d4d93b0b14_s.jpgUntitled by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

16117034686_f0cd4faa7c_s.jpgUntitled by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

16142827915_1cb73a9d33_s.jpgUntitled by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

15520488124_398573deb4_s.jpgUntitled by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

Caroline, that's exactly what happened to me! I have closet full of my quilts waiting to be quilted after 7 years. Some of that is my fault though. I never feel like I have enough experience to quilt my own quilts. I guess you can tell I'm a perfectionist, lol. But I'm getting better thanks to taking classes with Claudia, Irena, Karen , Birgit and others from this forum.

Archived