Improving

I agree, I use the Itty Bitty, and Deloa's castle ruler as it has notches so I can always keep my ruler to the left or front of my hopping foot where I am more comfortable quilting.  I also use Deloa's appliguide too as I outline lots of appliqué. Take some classes on Craftsy - Kim Brunner has some very good ones that will show you how easy it is to use some rulers - you tube also is a great resource. I personally like the Marvy Markers air erasable pens, but they disappear within a few hours so you can't mark a whole quilt ahead of time.  Look for pantos that are not too complicated and easy and quick to follow...

• 4 weeks later...

I use my ditch ruler (Quilter's Rule) for just about every quilt in some manner...and well - I'd be a fool to say I cannot live without MY panto designs!  :)  A nice feathery panto is a good general one to have on hand.  Urban Elementz has a great selection...

Generally I like to mark with white school chalk or purple disappearing ink...for intense custom quilts I use water soluble markers but they can be a pain to remove.  :)

Archived