results of silk quilt with your support

Well it wasn't done by the original deadline but the fabric company didn't get back to me until yesterday afternoon. I was uncomfortable with SIDitch when the seams were wonky (I learned that word on this forum). I need to say it wasn't the stitcher's fault. She was given cuts of silk to make the top and if the pattern needed 16" she only got 18"-20" and the cuts were not on grain. When the fabric looked straight and as on grain as possible then a 2" strip cut from it, once the strip was moved away it became this limp off grain noodle.

Anyway here is a photo of what I ended up doing. No close ups on this one and if you see it at market please be kind.

Thank you for listening to my worries about this quilt, it helped!

post--13461897981989_thumb.jpg

Wow, Sue, you made that thing gorgeous! The credit is all with you for this one, as I didn't think it looked like much of anything at all before, but now it's simply wonderfull. Give yourself a much-deserved pat on the back, and go do something FUN!

Happy Easter!

Thanks All,

Just being able to "talk" to someone who knows what it involved makes it easier to start into something like this.

Luckily didn't have to rip but did run out of bobbin and kept stitching for a couple inches. I was able to sew right over the same line with thread. Where I had to baste to keep things inline did leave some tiny holes that I pray will relax by the time the company gets a look at it today. We shall see what they think.

Thanks again for "listening",

Sue that is just beautiful! Great job on such a difficult quilt - I love what

you did and I really like the colors too!

What kind of thread did you end up using?... was it silk also? If so brand?

or your source please....? Cone or spool?

Archived