I was at the MQX quilt show today and I have class tomorrow. Wonderful show. Saw your quilts Heidi and Teresa. Beautiful quilts. I can't believe your tiny feathers Heidi.

I went to an APQS roadshow in Albany, NY, and put a deposit down on a Millennium. For those interested the roadshow price ended up being $200.00 less than the MQX Quilt Show price.

Now onto my question. There are soooooo many thread colors. What colors do you use the most? If you are quilting a quilt and do not want to change thread colors, what neutral color do you use?

Deb.

Deb:

Pick you favorite thread maker, and ask them what are there most popular colors.  Then you can start with that and build.  I say build, because it always seems with me that on every project I have to pick up another color spool to match my fabric.  I have found lavender works well blending wth many different color fabrics.  I use it on some of the charity quilts I practice on.  Best of luck to you.  

Cagey

Thank you everyone. I bought a fair amount of thread. I only do charity quilts and quilt for myself. I mostly want threads to blend. I have several lap size quilt tops to quilt and in between I practice on thrift store sheets.

Deb.

Archived