Millie 30

I got to play with it this weekend.  The Millie30 has all the features of the Millie and more inches in throat space.  On a Millie you have about 17.5 inches of quilting space when you measure it with Quilt Path.  The Millie30 comes in around 23.   They will start shipping in January 2017 and mine is already on order.  I freehanded with it and it really does not feel different from my 2014 Millie.   I am selling my 2008 Millie to make room for it.  Which for me is huge.  

A 30 inch machine would be most useful for folks who have a computerized machine...right?  I find it hard to use the whole space even on the 26 inch machine when doing more detailed work...just work toward the front and even when SID, it was a reach for this short person.  tee hee...I just have to figure out how to grow taller...but it seems I am shrinking...at least lengthwise...if only I could figure out a way to move some of the width wise growth to my lengthwise shrinking.  Lin

Yes, I would think computer folks would love it. Also, I have had quilts with large blocks, doing custom work, would have helped having space to use rulers and work on the block with out moving the quilt. I am tall, so even with my on/off switch was on the back side of my old Millie, I could reach it from the front. Can we say monkey arms? Now that it is on the side, top, I don't have to stretch. Anyway, I think I would love the throat space.

The 30in Millie  would be an advantage for anyone who does mostly  pantographs (end to end) using a computer or hand guided.  I have an IQ and I stand 5ft nothing, when doing custom computer work I still have to bend and stretch to line things up, but can see some advantages.

Archived