WOW!!!

I just spent the day with the CL template swirls and I am addicted. Micheal has really made a fine product indeed. Very user friendly. I read all the chat about it before I bought mine. It really helped a lot. I cannot believe I can have this much fun and make money at it too. Ladies if your are thinking about the CL I would enourage you to buy it. Fast and so much fun. Oh just a quick funny. I could not get me handles on the panto side to work. Called APQS and the tech realized I had installed them backwards. YUK YUK YUK. They work great now...

Nora,

Millenium

I bet you will just love your Circle Lord, I got one last year but didn't seem to have much time to use it until now. Yesterday I did the crosshatch on my Sun Bonnet Sue and it looks so neat. I still have a long way to finish the quilt because I work too. So have fun ladies, by the way my son told me(you have to have girl toys too MOM). :D He helped my DH put my Mille togather when it arrived.

Jean

Mille

I have a question about doing cross hatching with the CL on an applique block. If you are at the back of the machine how can you see where to start & stop the lines of the stitching...I mean I can see some but sometimes I don't know if I am getting too close to the applique unless I run around to the front of the machine. Is there a trick to doing the crosshatching as a background fill for applique with the CL?

Thanks

Joann

Excellent question. I await that answer. Michael emailed me when he seen the picture I posted and told me I should be able to use the Zig Zag template that I ordered to do the cross hatching on that quilt. Then he emailed back to say he had contacted someone that is an "expert" with this and would let me know what she said. Maybe someone here can tell us too, there are some pretty "with it" people on this site.

Hi,

You can do crosshatching from the front with the CL Large Crosshatch template.

The APQS machines have a 3 hole thread guide right above the stylus. Tie a string under the knob and then thru the guide and over the front handle.

You may use a small piece of tape to stop the string loop from dropping down over the stylus.

Then position the string over the knob, so that it is in an indentation, and near to a position that the stylus drops back into the slot. Tape over top of the string in that position.

Then, put the string over the handle and tie a big nut to the end (not a Brazil nut) or, enough weight to give good control. Then, at the back of the table, while pulling up on the string, unscrewed the handle a bit, so that the stylus pin will always fall back into the slot, if pulled up too much.

Of you want a permenent setup, then drill a small hole in the right spot on the outside of the knob. then put the string thru and tie a knot around the outside.

To raise the stylus, give a little tug, and then let go as it rides on the template. It will fall back into the next groove, and you will be ready to do the next line. It has been used and works. I am sure when you take some string and look over the machine, you will see the system better.

Cheers,

Michael

"Michael and Kay,

This is June Giles. I just wanted to thank you for the tip of putting a string on the stylus while I'm trying to re-position from the front. That is working really well. As I'm doing crosshatching on applique and having to jump over the applique. The quilt is coming out beautiful. It is a time commsuming quilt no matter how I do it.. The string thing cut down some time and steps."

Hi Nora and all,

I was thinking the exact same thing as you yesterday while using my CL, Nora. How can this be so much fun, and I get paid to do it!? Actually, I won't get paid in money for the one I just did as it's my 9yo nephew's Christmas present, but the fun that he'll have with it will be enough payment for me. I've got one more kid quilt to do for Christmas this year, and of the 6, 5 have used the CL for the majority of the quilting. I'll get the DH to post some pics when they are all done.

Beth

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY BETH. We have CL with Swirls. Ginko, and the Featherz. WE Love them and I can hardly wait to ge the Giant Clamshell. I didn't know that I would have to elevate the Millie but I got theough it and It all works just fine. Practice, Practice.

Has UPS come yet? You could burst into "The Wells Fargo Wagon" song from the Music Man. Everybody now! "Oh ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a coming down the street, oh please let it be for me.!" Sorry, Music Therapist, we've got a song for every occasion.

Happiest of b-day's Mary Beth, and hope all is better with Jen.

Beth

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!! My CL came yesterday.........so yours ought to be there soon Mary Beth. And congrats on the Baby Girl.......tell Jen the same for me,

and I am still keeping her in my prayers. By the way I had your Birthday written on my calendar but somethings got away from me for one reason or

another.......but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Can't wait to get together again.......maybe I will just have to come down for a visit.......NO CLASSES!!! How does that sound? Then Jeanne and you and I can really

have a good time.....I would love to see your studios.

Mary Beth - Happy Birthday!! Hope your CL has arrived - it IS so much fun!!

Michael - sorry - I just don't get the string thingy.... too early I guess, I will

read it again after another cup of coffee! You did make me hungry for

Brazil nuts though - they are my favorite!

I have just gone around items and corners from the backside

of the machine, it is a bit shaky, but bets walking around it

all the time....

Guest Linda S

OMG! I love the string idea. Here I have been contorting myself over the top of my machine to pull up the stylist and let it drop back down in the next slot. Good thing I'm tall and there isn't such a big reach with a Liberty. The string will make it a lot easier. Great idea!

Linda

Michael - I know you'll love this idea ;) but, could you attach a picture (please) of the string thing? There are those of us who need pictures. I do quite a bit of front to back "jogging" around the machine while quilting. I'm short and need all the help I can get. The good side of that is I can exercise while at work, :D

By the way, I bought the "rope" template from CL a few months ago but had not used it till yesterday. LOVE it!! I hesitated before buying it because as you know, some of the borders we get look like a roller coaster ride. It's hard to do something straight in those areas. Well, I tried it yesterday on a quilt I have on my machine and it was wonderful. It is really fast and not hard to tweak the quilt into submission. For those who want something in the border, this is fast and looks wonderful.

Archived