I'm going to be on TV

This is so exciting I just finished filming a segment on qulting with CBC(Canadian Broadcasting Corportation) The show is called "Living Saskatchewan" and it goes through the steps of what's involved with quilting. The second last segment features me and the host learning to use my millie.

I was so nervous but it was so much fun. It airs on September 10, 2007 at 1:00pm central standard time(I'll get back on this when I know for sure)

Thanks for the support.

Tina

Guest Smile&nod

After it airs, the episodes will be on the CBC site (http://www.cbc.ca/livingsaskatchewan/). Its a regional show (covering Saskatchewan) and there are similar shows running for other major centers, as well as the east coast :)

It was hard to get a lot of the concepts done in a short soundbite segments, but I think we managed to get Tina's ideas out there in a way to show that quilting isn't just ye olde quilting circle from days of yore. ;)

It helped too that the cameraman was someone I'd worked with before on other projects, so they were fairly accomodating with our requested script/concept changes too heheh.

The host Shirley was a blast to work with, and seemed quite keen on doing the hands on stuff too...not just watching. Thought I'd die laughing the first time she took hold of the longarm, not that I can say I'd do much better if "I" tried to run the machine. OTOH, I'm not the one that had to be on camera either ;) figured I'd spare the world from having to see me putz around with fabric and cutters...

Tina did very well, even considering its her first time on camera working host thats seen a LOT of different things on her episodes. Although I'm sure if she it her way, she'd have continued talking and working for another 4 hours ;) Nicely done hon.

Tina, congratulations to you!! and on more than TV status, also on your choice of hubby. How nice you are so supportive of your mate, Toady. (Couldn't see a real name there... but that one is kind of cute.... :D )

Satu, land of oz? I thought I lived in the land of oz..... oh well, live and learn.

I am quite sure we will not get the show here in God's Country. I think there's only Alex Anderson, which is great, but would be nice to have others too, ya know. Be sure to let us know when it gets on the website!

Archived