Thread, Batting, or Needle??

Ruthieq

I have a quilt on that has brown, rust and cream Thimbleberries fabric on the top and the backing is rust. I'm using brown PermaCore thread, Hobbs Heirloom Batting and just put in a new 4.0 needle. The batting is poking through the backing.

Any suggestions.......

Thanks in advance,

Ruthie

• 2 years later...

I think the nubbier side goes down with QD product.

With Warm Company cotton/blends the waffled side goes up and the nubby/fluffy side down--hold it vertically and you can really tell which is which.

The Warm and Natural goes dirty side up--again, no problem telling which is which.

Others are harder to tell, but most roll or fold with the right side (up side) on the outside--just like fabric on a bolt.

When completely confused--like you may well be after my explanation:D--look to see which way the batting was needled. Load the same way the factory needles went so your needle will match--needles through the top to the back.

I called Quilters Dream the other day because I thought that I had the batting loaded upside down, and they told me there wasn't a right or wrong side to quilters dream Natural Cotton. To avoid pokies, they suggested either rubbing all the layers with a dryer sheet or spraying it with static guard because the reason for the pokies is that there is a static barrier and you have to get rid of that barrier to avoid the pokies and yes, it does work.

I use QD and there is not "right" side but I do have a habit of loading my quilts upside down and I use zippers!!! For you all that are interested in t-shirts there's a lot of ladies (gents) on this forum that have embroidery machines. I would love to do a t-shirt but don't have the time right now. Christmas rush is on!!

Archived