Uses for leftover batting

How cute ! My Daisy loves to get in batting. She has a quilt in every room but prefers 'fresh' batting. As for leftover batting I save it for the nursing home. They use it for pillow stuffing. Some of the residents make patchwork pillows and sell them. Good cause and keeps it out of the landfill. Glenda

What an adorable little puppy! That may be the best use for scrap batting I've heard yet. I'm afraid my cat will use my roll of batting as a scratching post, though he hasn't yet. I use scraps under Father Christmas' robe to make him look fat, but I have much more scrap batting than I could ever use. I put most of it on the freebee table at guild and it magically disappears. We have several crafty ladies.

Our grand children want a dog so much. Mom said when the last child is five they could get one. They love coming here to see our yellow lab. The middle child, first grand daughter kept asking if they could have our dog. I told her Papa would be so sad if she went to live with them. She looked at me for about two seconds and then she said, "Well, then, when Papa dies can we have her?" It made me laugh, but I suggested to her mom that maybe she should realy consider a puppy now and not wait for the one year old to turn five.

Aren't our fur kids great. What a cute baby!!! My Cairn Terriers hang with me in my long arm room. Just lost my 17 year old Cairn, Dusty. But I have my Daisy still. She even sits in my lap when I am sitting to quilt. Its really funny. I must get a picture.

Again.... Aren't fur kids great!!!!!!

Hi ladies,

I cut squares of batting and put them in strategic places around our motor home and in the house. The girls like to lay on them and they are great at catching the loose hairs. When they look a bit nasty I toss them out. The big ones I sew together and give to the church for comfort quilts.

Love getting all your ideas.

Yvonne

I know of a couple of good uses for batting scraps: Kay Wood's booklet KWB20, 6 hour quilt, uses 6" wide pieces, about any length--probably on her website. Millions of these have been made for charities. Another good thing is they are reversible.

Georgia Bonesteel's "Easy does it Quilts" page 108 shows how to make square yoyo's with 4" square batting pieces. I've done both--both are huge successes. Phyllis in Grand Junction, CO

What a pretty baby...I love Yorkies....and may be some day I too can have a Bitty Buddy. I wanted a pocket dog when I got Sara the Akita (no she won't fit...not even as a 3 day old pup would she have), and a Yorkie, a Shih Tzu, or a Bichon Frise was what I would have gotten.

Well, I have met Bonnie the Horse, Bonnie the Cow, but I must say this is my first Bonnie the Cat. What a pretty baby she is also. I love Black and whites....have had two, Bootsee (died at age 7 with cancer), and Talouse (passed at age 12)....Talouse got to be over 45 pounds and was a huge boy....momma feeds her babies well.

Archived