My milli comes today!

Finally i ordered her in July and she is due today. DH helped get the studio ready and we start putting the pieces together tommorow. Compuquilter set up comes in a couple of weeks. I have been reading here for months now and hope set up is as easy as you all say.:Plol

Thanks you all rock. Shippers shorted me two boxes so now I have to wait longer ahaaaa. Looking at the manual and dvd. Lots of pics so Im thinking that set up will be fairly straight forward. Wondering if there is something else that I can use instead of wd40 when cleaning the hook. I hate the smell of that stuff.

I just received my new Milli on Monday and it really is easy to put together. The manual they provide reads like someone is talking you through it. I only needed the DH's help lifting the heavy parts and tighten things.

It's a little overwhelming and a bit intimidating, but I can't wait to get started.

Jody

Congrats! I got mine last Friday and we it was up and running by Sunday. We of course had to finish off the quilting studio but then you all heard about that! It took a total of about 4 hours to set up. I didn't think that was bad at all. We took our time just to make sure we had it right. The manual is so helpful. I think there was only one part missing and that was plugging in the handles. I'll ask hubby if there was anything else. APQS does an outstanding job in making sure anybody can put this system together!

I'm on vacation as of 5 pm today :cool: Everybody keeps asking me where I'm going and I say, "to my studio." Hubby will be at work for 3 of the 6 days so I should get a lot done :D I have a list at least 3 miles long! I'm going to play tomorrow and hopefully get another of my quilts done. I have a charity quilt I'll load next I just have to decide what I want to do on it. There are so many options! I've been playing on muslin and it is progressing nicely! I have about 10 tops waiting to be quilted so I'm hoping I can get a couple of them done. I also volunteered to quilt 10 table runners for practice! I know they will really appreciate it so I'll do it. By the time I get done with vacation me and my machine should be one! Good luck! It really is easy!

Heidi

Hi Penny,

I'm home all day today, so give me a call if you need some help or encouragement.

Let the fun begin! It sounds like Jim will be there for the CQ install mid-September, but no definite date yet.

You will be a BIG Jim fan by the time he leaves. :) He's getting to know his way around BC and Alberta, that's for sure! ;)

Archived