Valdnai Thread

Help!!

I have been try to use the Varigated Yellow on a clients quilt

and it keeps breaking about every 5 inches......has anyone else had this problem?? I have tried EVERYTHING......rethreading the machine.....I have changed the needle 3 times........now I am about to just change thread to a Poly Quilter. I am giving up!!!:(:(

Renae

Renae......

It's the thread itself, it is very inconsistent in its quality.

I gave away cones of that thread.....so it's not you or your machine, it's the thread.....as far as I'm concerned it belongs in the garbage.....:( Sorry, but that's been my experience with Valdani variegateds....

I agree with Linda....... it belongs in the trash.

I bought one spool and had trouble with it from the start. At the time I was new to frame quilting and I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I was!

Try something else and save yourself the struggle.....

Thanks girls........I did loosen the tension......I tried EVERYTHING except the misting but I already did the frogging on what I had done and I am NOT

going to try it again!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH....:P:P So I am taking you advice and going to try other thread, thank goodness I only bought one spool of it to try.......WHEWWWWWW. One lesson learned.....again. I sure seem to have my share of lessons lately........:P:P I guess that is what quilting is.....an ongoing lesson.....right??

Thanks again girls, Renae

Hi Renae,

Sorry about your problems with the Valdani. :(

You mentioned that you were thinking of going to Poly Quilter by Superior. I always get that mixed up with Perfect Quilter by Superior which is not for longarm use.

I looked at Superior's web-site and that Poly Quilter Lemon Chiffon with all yellows or the Sunkissed with yellow and green look so yummy. How do you find them to work with? Any tension issues?

Had to jump in on this one... I use Valdani thread ALL THE TIME, I am actually working on a show quilt right now and I am running it both top and bottom, you need to losen up your top tension and only run it through two holes on your guides... if you are using a small spool it needs to be run with a dual spool holder with the thread running off from the top of the spool, the large cones can be run with no problems from the back like any other thread. If you are using it on the bottom as well you need to losen the tension there as well. If you are using a poly thread in the bobbin you will still need to losen the bobbin tension so it does not cut the cotton thread when it pulls it to the center of the quilt. I love the Valdani colours and the way it sits on the top of the quilt I hope this helps as I would hate to think you would have to change threads if the Valdani offers you the perfect colour you were hoping for... ;)

Sue, I am so glad you popped in with your comments. I, too, really love the thickness and colors of the Valdani variegated threads (I have about 10 spools in my stash that I've used on my DSM).

I am glad that it is useable in the longarm if you lower the tension and thread it similar to the metalic threads. Hmmmm...I'll have to go experiment!

Yep, several years ago, I threw away quite a bit of it because I was so sick of dealing with it. What I had, I could rub my fingers across it and feel the nubs. It was beyond awful. I had heard their quality had improved but I surely didn't give them another try.

Archived