my first panto, and thanks Myrna

catsigler

This is Stars and Clouds, likely the easiest panto ever, so for me a great one to start with. This is a charity quilt made by a small group in my guild last July. A busy design so the panto doesn't show up much, even in the closeups (I'll send that pic in the next post). The back is busier still. I see why people like to do pantos, though. :) And watching Myrna's video gave me the confidence to do one by letting me know it's OKAY if you aren't always exactly on the line. Thanks Myrna! It was fun to do, and the more I relaxed, the closer to the line I stayed. And I LOVE my new Edgeriders.

post--13461898604778_thumb.jpg

Believe me they are NOT difficult!

Stars & Clouds SM is from Timeless Quilting Designs, Irene Steel is the designer, and Willowleaf Studios is the distributor.

While I'm on the subject of pantos, http://www.heartbeatquilting.com/patternsroll.html has good prices on roll patterns. I don't see this one but they have others. Maybe they would order it.

Cathey:

I just took off one that was on the cover of AmP&Q April 2006 - pinks and greens - the border is kool... I used the "feathered curls" it looks fab! I love the look of the stars & clouds too - have to get that one!

I am binding quilts today, then maybe I'll shoot some pics. We'll see if I think they're worthy.... You guys are allllllllll sooooooo greaaaaat!

Bobbi

This is Stars and Clouds, likely the easiest panto ever, so for me a great one to start with.

As has been mentioned several times, stars are not always that easy. getting those points AND following with straight lines is very tricky. You nailed it! Clearly a quilt you can be very proud of. I'm really glad that Myrna's video was a great help to you.

Cathy - you have inspired me and am going to us my new panto - bubbles and quilt with it tomorrow!!! I hope I don't screw it up. I have done one other panto in 1 year of having my Liberty (This week in fact) and its time to do some other things besides freemotion.

Your quilt looks fantastic. Wish me luck:P

Archived