Ongoing saga--court

Those of you who have been following my hostage quilting machine saga. The final court date was supposed to be today. 2 hours waiting in the court room we find out the judge is "too busy" to do our case today and re-set it for Dec 18th. Needless to say I was more than hot. Couple of beers later I'm a bit calmer but not much. So on it goes for another 6 weeks. Thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes. jeri

Thanks, I did get my machine back about 6 weeks ago though there is no guarantee at this point that I will get to keep it. My atty says she can\'t imagine the judge ruling to give it to my almost ex. as he has no interest in quilting. I\'ve done a couple of quilts and am working on getting used to quilting again....Going through Darlene\'s Formal Feather book at the moment. It\'s so nice to be able to quilt again but I sure need the practice (grins). I will learn how to do those feathers with the bump over the tops.

Was just disappointed not to have this all finished so I could just go on with my life. I\'ve felt like it has been controlled by atty\'s, the court, mountains of paperworkm and my husband for the past year. I left partly to get away from his control.

Darlene, lost income has to be proven and since I did finish the quilts I had on hand using a friend\'s machine all others would be just guessing. I simply told everyone that I had no machine to work with until I could get it back therefore no estimates, no actual list of individual quilts. Those that were scheduled but not yet in my possesion also had no estimates done so therefore no actual dollar value. With no paper trail of estimates according to the court I can\'t do a thing.

I was feeling very down and discouraged and took my dog for a walk just a bit ago. There is a beautiful sunset and I started thinking of others. My good friend near Dallas fighting breast cancer, my daughter\'s MIL(she\'s 48) who just started her 2nd round of chemo as the first didn\'t decrease the 9 tumors in her brain, those of you displaced from your homes in the California fires, my friend Shirley who just lost her husband. I can wait another 6 weeks for this divorce to be final, it\'s minor compared to the battles others are going through. jeri

Awww, yes, Jeri. Sunsets are good for the soul, aren\'t they? :)

Sometimes a long walk with a dog, a talk with God, some fresh air, and a pretty sunset are all that is needed to put us back into perspective again. Yes, there are many people less fortunate than us and dealing with bigger battles. I am glad you are being selfless. You are a good person, Jeri. Good things come to good people, so be patient and know that you will reap your goodness that is due to you. In your heart you believe that some really good, positive things will come from the really horrible situation you are going through, now. That what does not kill us makes us stronger. Women are strong and have such big backbones. We are survivors. You are going to survive and it will make you a better human from this. :) Aim high onward and upward.

Jeri I have known you a long time form about.com and now here. I am so sorry to hear that you are still struggling with issues form the X or almost X. It is a hard thing to go thru..............been there done that myself in 1988. I now have an entirely different life and am a totally different person. Just know life is not static and that it keeps changing as so will you. Someday this will all be a bad story. Sending good thoghts your way ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).

Archived