9-Patch on point-FINISHED

Sandy, you did all of this on your DSM and it is fabulous! Oh so warm and cozy looking and I can see that each little stitch equals a beat of your heart. It\'s full of love made by you for your friend. You are so talented. I think that when you finally do get your longarm, you will jump from beginner right to experienced very quickly cuz honey, you got it DOWN! YOU GOT IT DOWN!!! ;)

PS: Glad to see you are really using your camera a gift from Christmas! It takes nice photos.

Thanks, everyone for your nice comments. You really make me feel so good. :)

The thread is called Fusions by LYI. It is a caramelish-brown varigated, and a rather heavy thread. I don\'t see a color name or number on the spool. I bought it at a quilt shop in Pennington, NJ when I went with a friend to visit her cousin, about 2 weeks ago. It seemed pricey to me, ($7.00 plus tax for a 300 yard spool - I bought 3, but only used half of that amount).

The batting is Quilter\'s Dream, Dream Puff. The back is a tweed look, with 2 tones of dark brown, and is flannel. The quilt is on the heavy side, but it feels like a big, warm and cozy hug enveloping me. I had to try it out for a few minutes:). So, it is my hug to Jeanette as she deals with having both knees replaced last week.

Shana - I am really happy with my new camera and it\'s so much fun attaching pictures to this site. I\'ll bring it with me in February when I come to Fairbanks. Maybe we can post some pictures of us doing something really silly for everyone here to have a good chuckle over. That would be so much fun:)

PS-I just looked at my other spool of thread and the color name is "DIRT!"

I am excited to see you in "Squarebanks" at the end of February, too! Before we know it, you will be here! I am sure we will have lots of laughs the weekend you spend with me. It will include food, fabric, fun, local sightseeing, a stop at Santa\'s house down the road, and of course, having some time playing around on Mademoiselle Madeline Millennium!

Hey, I just thought of something! Why don\'t you bring a topper with you and you can can quilt it on Madame Maddie! :) She\'s really nice... I have totally fallen in love with her. ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the quilt. I will be taking it to Thimbleberries Club on Thursday for "Sew & Tell" and I hope to give it to Jeanette on Friday after work.

Wow, Shana, that would be great. I\'ll bring a top, and the rest (batting, backing, thread) with me. I would just love to meet Madame Maddie! I am still going through this dilemma of do I want a Liberty or a Millie/Freedom. Some time on a Millie would help me make that decision, too. Thank you so much for the invitation.

Your ideas of what to do, places to go, sound like exactly what I was hoping to do. BTW-does the food include a beverage, too? :)

I am certainly looking forward to meeting her, too, and sharing a few "adult beverages" over some dinner. It will be so much fun!!!

I will be there on Feb. 22, just a little over one month to go.

However, between now and then, I have something else very exciting coming...a new grandchild. The baby is due on January 26th. :)

Sandra, your quilt is beautiful. Love your choice of fabrics, colors and the thread. Your quilting is very interesting, too, & it\'s so well executed. Can\'t believe you did this on a DSM--you\'ve got talent that\'ll fly out the window when you get your LA! You\'ve got one lucky neighbor who\'ll truly appreciate your kindness & the warmth of the quilt.

Thanks for sharing.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Thank you, Jim. Every quilt seems to be an adventure for me. I am partial (just now, anyway) to the Thimbleberries/country look fabrics and so is my neighbor who I made this for. On a domestic machine, it is so easy to SID and be done, but I wanted to plan the designs and stitch them out. It does make such a difference on how the quilt looks.

Archived