Millennium upgrades?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

Do yourself and your wallet a favor and buy yourself a gooseneck light. Lots cheaper and nearly as effective. If you\'re in the market for a new machine, then by all means, go for it.

Linda

I set up the new Millie for a show today. All I can say it oh my !)(#)! she is beautiful, clean and classy looking. My hats off to Mike Moore and anyone else in the engineering. Everything just plugs in easy and better. The lighting is amazing!!!!!. The only bad thing is that I can\'t just take her home with me. Again I have to say WOW!!!!!!!!!! Even the lettering is classy looking. I get to play on her all weekend:P:P

I am at the Las Vegas Quilt guilt guild show at the Henderson Civic Center if any of you are in the area so stop on by and check her out. I have a Lenni too.

Myrna

I don\'t know about other Millennium owners, so I can only speak for myself. My entire system is a dream to own/operate. The wheels have never had any type of issue and the machine glides over my projects as smooth as glass. Perhaps you might tweak the wheels on your system and see if there is a difference in the feel. I know there are environmental factors that can affect how the machine moves, cleaning and prepping the rails like it instructs us to do in the DVD is something I do regularly as well.

Originally posted by nora123

Hi All,

I paid 12,500.00 last March for my machine ( used) why on earth would I trade up. The real issue I see has not been addressed. The wheels on the millennium have always been a problem. It is a design flaw that no one wants to address. We as users have found ways to get a smoother ride from our machines BUT!!! for the money we have invested why should we have to do this. Just fix the problem and give us a retro fit. Don\'t get me wrong I love my machine, it has a flawless stitch and is a real workhorse. Just my two cents.

Sincerely,

Nora Alquraisha

Millennium

Don\'t know if the engineers read these posts, but I have a suggestion for them. Make the light that flashes when the stitch regulator is on the same color as the button that it operates. I rent my machine and this confuses a lot of people when they are learning. They see the yellow light and push the yellow button and then they have the channel lock on instead of the stitch regulator...

The other thing is that the channel locks are labeled the way a man thinks, but not how a woman thinks. Maybe the new label helps - don\'t know, haven\'t seen it - but 100% of the women I\'ve taught have thought that the arrow for the channel lock is showing the direction you want the machine to go - but it\'s exactly opposite - the arrows are showing the direction you are PREVENTING the machine from going.

These are small things, and easily learned, but something to think about.

Julia

Julia,

The new Millennium\'s channel lock labels have been changed. They now say "V-lock" or "H-lock" and the arrows have been eliminated. In addition, an LED light indicator on the machine\'s faceplate illuminates to show you which lock (or both) has been activated.

As for the "Stitch Regulator" light, it is part of the same LED light bank mentioned above, and illuminates when the regulator has been engaged. Unfortunately, all the LED lights are red; but I guess you could make your own little sticky label to put on the machine\'s front (right next to that LED light) that would say, (Command-GREEN, Left Handle) or something to that effect to help your renters figure out what buttons to push.

Hope this helps!

Archived