Millennium upgrades?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Michelle.

The new 2008 Millie ROCKS has the new light system. Let me see if I can post photos in a minute.. I can\'t get into my website to put them on at the moment. I know you have always had an issue with the light as we have talked bout before. This is no longer an issue. APQS has added the new lights like we have on Lenni. So you end up with a bit over an inch more visibility.

New LED Lights spread light evenly over your quilting area, and a toggle switch changes the light from bright white to ultraviolet! At the flip of a switch, you can illuminate your quilt with bright light, change to ultraviolet to make glow pencils and powder stand out, or even flip the light off completely to make seeing your quilting path easier on dark fabrics.

The power switch is now centrally located on the machine’s housing for easy access from either side of the machine.

Use the laser from the front or back.

Built-in laser jacks on the front and rear of the machine make moving the laser from one place to another very simple. Here’s an added bonus—now you can actually mount two lasers on the machine! You could purchase an optional second laser and leave both “on” at the same time..

Clear graphics help you navigate.

The sleek new front and rear panels are easy to understand. Use the numbers when setting “stitches per inch” but look at the “turtle” and “rabbit” icons to set the sewing motor speed for manual mode. Simple and straightforward!

Channel locks are easier to understand.

The new Millennium’s label takes the guesswork out of figuring out which button to push to engage them. New indicator lights on the machine also make it clear which channel lock you have engaged. If you’ve ever accidentally turned both channel locks on and wondered why your machine was suddenly so hard to move, this new feature will definitely make things easier!

I have my new Millie on order :):):D and we are doing a special for those that want to upgrade to the new one. To get the trade in value I need you serial number to get the value of your head. A new head is $12,400. less you trade in value and plus we are giving $500.00 on top of that until March 1.

Anyone wanting to take advantage of this give me a call or call your rep.

Myrna

I drove the new Millie at the APQS showroom 2 days ago with Tony. Tony had the new Milli and the old Milli side by side for me. We even measured the difference in visibility between the two. The difference in visibility combined with the new lighting is fabulous!! The other new features are icing on the cake.

P.S. Don\'t tell Tony yet, but I\'m probably going to end up upgrading. :D

Debbi

After reading the email from Heidi...I am under the impression that even the lighting can not be upgraded on the old Millie...is this true? Where as in a previous post the indication was one would be able to upgrade the lighting.

I understand technology advances and at some point machines cannot be upgraded. This is just lighting...I am wanting

Also, how does CQ fit into all the upgrades?

Cheryl

Hi All,

I paid 12,500.00 last March for my machine ( used) why on earth would I trade up. The real issue I see has not been addressed. The wheels on the millennium have always been a problem. It is a design flaw that no one wants to address. We as users have found ways to get a smoother ride from our machines BUT!!! for the money we have invested why should we have to do this. Just fix the problem and give us a retro fit. Don\'t get me wrong I love my machine, it has a flawless stitch and is a real workhorse. Just my two cents.

Sincerely,

Nora Alquraisha

Millennium

Sue...I was talking to Tony at APQS and the new machine head will be CQ ready, but you need to tell them that you have a CQ so they can send you the correct machine. The only issue was a plug that CQ is working in this month...at least that is my understanding.

Cheryl

I received a mass email from Heidi with an attachment showing the upgrades on the new Millie. They include the new LED lighting, a front-side power switch, a front laser plug-in, and a new speed/stitches/channel lock screen on the front. Until March first they have a $500 allowance on an upgrade. They want to know your serial number to determine the trade-in value of your machine, subtract that from the new price, take off another $500 and there you go!

Email Heidi if you would like the info and attachment. Or email me and I will send it along.

Hi Nora,

What is the problem you\'re having with the wheels? I\'ve had APQS machines since 1997 and have been a Sales Rep since 2000. Personally, I\'ve never had a problem with the wheels, and would certainly know if the problem was widespread with my customers. They are designed specifically to carry the weight of the machine on the edge of the wheel, and are easily adjustable to get the feel YOU like with your machine. That\'s one of the things I love about the APQS horizontal wheels.

What is your specific problem? Maybe I can help you out.

Archived