My "Studio"

Laurie

I thought I would share some photos of where I spend my time......

Until we build our new home and move into it, this is where I quilt. I am in the living room/dining room. I share the l/r with 2 sofas, a bookcase, a side table and a caribou in a box. (new house will have a special place for the caribou)

I\'m at the front of the house so I can see when the UPS truck comes! My d/r table is large and the mat on it is 36x72. It\'s great for cutting backing fabric and batting. Both rooms are on the opposite side of the kitchen from the family room and I have a door to close it off from the tv noise (or dh from me!)

It all looks a bit cluttered right now.....excess batting laying around....but I like the space. :)

Anyway, here is the photo of the area at the front of the machine..

post--13461899147241_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing photos, Laurie.

......OK, the a caribou in a box has me intrigued... A caribou is pretty BIG animal. (I wonder how I know this??) Is it the entire caribou in a box or just the head & rack mount? Their horns are pretty gigantic, too. Once you\'ve moved to the new place, you could use the caribou\'s horns for a quilt hangar... ;) LOL...

I looked all over for the caribou. I share my studio with a northern pike, the reel the fish was caught with, and 5 antique fishing poles. The white tale buck head mount has gone to a storage area behind our bedroom door. I really feel sorry for him, but unless we hang him over our bed, he has no place to rest his head...and he will not hang over our bed!! We also have a deer head in the garage keeping the goose mount company! Poor guys, once I bought my machine, they were booted out.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I looked all over for the caribou.

Mary Beth - it\'s still in it\'s shipping crate! If you look at the first photo, behind the 2 rolling carts, is a quilt covered box with a lamp on it. That is the caribou.

"Over the bed" is not an option at my house either ;)

Laurie,

Thanks for sharing your pics! Now, if that were my home, that Caribou AND the Elk would of found their way out of that box!

Hubby and I are both hunters, however, his mounts are downstairs IN HIS OFFICE! I however, have not mounted anything I\'ve shot....YET.

And that\'s where they are going to stay. We have one mount left, a nice sizsed female bobcat. She\'s still in our freezer. The car infront of hubby hit her, left no marks on her body, and hubby picked her up and brought her home. Called game and parks, and now she\'s ours to mount.

Oh, and I love that small whole-cloth you have draped across the back of your sofa. Is that yours to keep?

Isn\'t it funny how our love for quilting takes over our lives and our homes!!!! My "Freedom" has it\'s own dedicated room, but before that - living room, dining room, enclosed patio spilled over with my quilting set-up and all kinds of quilt related paraphanalia (sp).

Looks like you are having a great time with your Millie - quilt in process on frame and completed quilts on display!:)

Originally posted by SheriB

Laurie,

Thanks for sharing your pics! Now, if that were my home, that Caribou AND the Elk would of found their way out of that box!

Oh, and I love that small whole-cloth you have draped across the back of your sofa. Is that yours to keep?

Hubby is the hunter although I am deadly on the paper targets! We will hang them all in our new house when we get it built...2 years, tops!

The wholecloth quilts are mine. I quilted them on my Pfaff after taking a machine quilting class with Jill Schumacher. She is an awesome teacher! They just hang around where I can see them....need to find some wall space!

I get to go on a hunting trip for our 25th Anniversary this year to north eastern Wyoming - in October - for prong-horned sheep. I will try to work in a trip through southern Utah and Myrna....

Oh Laurie, we should talk.

My cousin owns a majority of the Wildcat Mountainous region in northwestern Nebraska. There is a large herd of pronghorned sheep that we see every year we go mule deer hunting there. They are an awsome sight to watch. We run into them all the time. You will have a blast! P.S. I pretty much drop my deer dead in their tracks. Tick\'s off hubby AND his brother (who\'s deer take off 50 yds before they drop). LOL!

• 1 month later...

Archived