My new quilting friend!

I have a little friend on my machine tooooooooo:P It is a Shrek that I got in Germany... he speaks German when I push his tummy... it reminds me of my friends from over the ocean... and all the wild laughter we shared... I will try to post a pic later, I am not on my computer so I can\'t up load the photo.:cool:

Originally posted by SandraC

I\'ve been looking for a pic of someone\'s machine with the spool holder on since I just got mine and wondered where to put it....I thought near the front, but there is yours at the back :o...is that where everyone puts theirs???

I have mine closer to the front. I think I just followed the instructions but it was so long ago I don\'t remember. It\'s nice having it accessible from the front of the machine.

I got it from King\'s Men Quilting supplies, it\'s called The Swifty Thread Lubricator. They call it a thread lubrication dispenser.

http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/Parts/ThreadLube.asp

I really like it a lot, even if the thread doesn\'t need silicone it cleans the dust off the thread and keeps the machine parts dust free for the most part.

So I have a pirate head on my vertical spool holder. Mostly because of (name removed)\'s son.... I was teaching at (name removed)s studio - and I got off the plane and was in waiting for Linda and her son to pick me up. Linda\'s son has seen his share of quilters in his life, so he wasnt very excited to meet another one. Then they saw me, and he whispers to his mom.... "Mom, you didnt tell me she looked like Captain Jack Sparrow!" :cool:

I almost forgot about this Karen!

He still talks about "mom\'s cool friend" gee like your the only one I have??:P

And to be idolized by a kid is a big deal!

Thomas asked me to tell you that he wants your big boy to "look just like mommy" this year so costume is on its way!:P:P:P

(Be sure & take pictures of Storm wearing this to share!):cool:

Archived