Playing on the embroidery machine...

They are patterns from Smart Needle that I kinda changed a little bit- I used fleece instead of solvy because the edges could be cut with pinking shears instead of the hard appliqued edge. The baby weighs about 5 pounds and is one month old, so I needed very very soft bibs. I love the Smart Needle designs - just because I haven\'t actually used my embroidery machine doesn\'t mean I haven\'t been buying designs.. LOL!!!

Tina,

Now I really feel guilty that I haven\'t used my embroidery machine for some time. I have the same patterns that you used too. I just never got past the instructions saying to use something like seven layers of stabilizer. How many did you use?

Pamela

Sherry,

I am looking forward to seeing you in Paducah!! It\'s been a while since we had time to hang-out and have fun!:D You know I will have my "minnow bucket" full of Diet Coke with me!!! LOL!!:P

Pamela,

I did not use any stabilizer (gasp!!- I hooped the fleece and taped around the fleece at hoop edges to prevent shifting/stretching)...

I used fleece as the base fabric and my hand-dyed stash for the applique pieces. Then I used fleece for the backing (the outline satin stitch is done last). I needed these bibs to be extremely soft, so I just used pinking shears to cut about a quarter inch around the outside satin stitch. Fleece wont unravel, so it is the perfect fabric for a raw edge. This keeps the entire bib (and especially the edges) soft on the baby\'s skin. I also won\'t use snaps or buttons on anything that goes around a baby\'s neck for safety reasons. Instead I used velcro at the neck tabs, with the fuzzy piece on the bib section. The neck section is made in another hoop and can be used interchangably with all bibs. I also have patterns for toddler size bibs that are even cuter!! I don\'t use the solvy/stabilizer for these either. I love the way the fleece feels so soft and comfy when used as the base fabric and backing.

Sad news!!:( The baby\'s mom had a kidney stone on Saturday. The stone passed through her ureater (sp?) and tore it open. By early Sunday morning, she was transported by ambulance to Barnes @ St. Louis. Poor sweetie has a blood clot and her kidneys are not functioning (one is barely working, the other is at zero function level). For those who pray, please add her and her family to your prayer list.

Pamela,

One other thing... I dont cut the fleece until I am done with all the stitching and remove the bib from the hoop. Hope this makes sense??

Better news!!! Cheryl is improving!!:P... They have put her on a blood clot medicene that helps to break up the clot. Her kidney function has increased and the docs are hopeful they will continue to see improvement over the next few days. :P

These are all so cute! We used the old faithful hand towels with the hole cut to pull over the baby\'s heads and edged with knit ribbing. We were always watching for new baby or toddler themed hand towels every where we shopped!

oh! and adding Cheryl and bay to my prayer list!

Archived