Is it a fuse going out or what???

Sheri Butler

Ok, question, I\'m currently using a ruler guide on a quilt and am in stitch reg. mode. When I reach the end of my ruler, I hit the blue button (right handle) so it holds in place while I reposition my ruler to continue.

Here\'s the problem. "Sometimes" not always, when I hit the blue button again to continue quilting, it\'s NOT in stitch reg mode, and the needle then just continues up and down, and I break thread at the needle. (duh!).

Could it be a fuse going bad? Or, what?

Any of you have this happen?

Sheri:

You are taking the machine out of SR mode when you hit the blue button. When you it the second time you are starting up in Non SR Mode. Just stop moving your machine to move your ruler. If needed you could use the channel locks. A fuse is either good or bad and if it is bad your machine will not power up.

John

Sheri,

To hold your place to move the ruler, use the command button in conjuntion with hitting the blue button. This keeps the machine toggled in the "stitch regulator" mode, but turns the sewing motor off so that you can re-position the ruler.

To begin again, hold the command button again and tap the blue button.

John\'s explanation is correct--if you\'re just tapping the blue button without first holding in the command button, you\'re canceling ALL the functions, including the stitch regulator. So when you tap the blue button then, you\'re back to manual mode.

Hope this makes sense!

Originally posted by DawnCavanaugh

Sheri,

To hold your place to move the ruler, use the command button in conjuntion with hitting the blue button. This keeps the machine toggled in the "stitch regulator" mode, but turns the sewing motor off so that you can re-position the ruler.

To begin again, hold the command button again and tap the blue button.

I have had my machine for a year and did not know that! I will give it a try and see how it works.......could be quite useful!!!! :cool:

Neat trick. I learned it last year from someone at the factory.

A word of warning though..........

Doing the command blue does not move the needle to the up/or down position (depending on what you currently have set). I think that\'s probably because you can\'t do the needle up/down command while in SR mode. Therefore, when you do the command/blue and the needle is not down, the hopping foot could move as you adjust the ruler to it\'s new location. :o Ask me how I know this!!:P Now I always make sure that the needle is down before I do the command/blue. :)

Debbi

See, there\'s a reason to read EVERY post on this chat! I\'ve had my Millie for almost a year, and when I reposition a ruler, I\'m hitting the blue button, moving the ruler, turning on SR, then going again. Nice to save a step!:P

Thanks, but YES, I do use the command when hitting the blue button. My fault for not speaking correctly! LOL!

I will pay more attention tonite when I get back to this quilt....maybe i\'m not conscious of hitting that blue button while holding down on the command button.

I figured we all knew to use the command button for all we do. (but then again, i\'m speaking only for me).

I\'ll let you know tonite...thanks EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Ok, I\'m a complete idiot. I must not have held down tight enough on that command button, while pressing the blue button. I really watched myself tonite, when finishing up this quilt, and noticed that quilting at a good pace, I really wasn\'t holding down good enough. Thank you sooooo much Dawn!!!!! I didn\'t have one thread break the rest of the quilt.

Sometimes it\'s just the littlest things that make ya wanna go "geeze i\'m stupid." LOL!

Sheri,

I did the same kind of thing - hit your forehead kinda stuff - when I was just starting out. Couldn\'t figure out why my Millie kept stopping in the middle of stitching - thought there was something wrong with her. Figured out (finally) that my fingers were resting too close to the colored buttons, and every time the machine stopped, I had touched one of the buttons. Go figure......

Barb, that is really the truth. I felt like it made me look like that blonde joke about the turn signals, (Are they on? Answer: yes, no, yes, no, yes, no........)

Works, doesn\'t, works, doesn\'t. Guess that right index finger of mine, needed another brain to tell it to PRESS HARDER!!!

Archived