Attention Potential APQS Customers

Hi Rita!!

You are welcome to call me anytime!!! (ok...before 10:00 pm EST:P) I\'ve seen your postings on this site and I don\'t mind helping!! In fact, I am teaching a class next weekend. If you haven\'t had your beginner\'s class and you bought your machine within the last year - talk to me! It\'s one-one-one training...so I would be all yours for 6 to 8 hours!!

And if you just have general questions, call me and talk my ears off. I don\'t mind. My phone number is on my website.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catherine and all;

YES! We do have a dealer in Murrietta, CA (just outside of LA). Muna Elias is her name and she is an amazing quilter, clothing designer, embroiderer... and a GREAT friend of mine!! Muna is very sweet and would be more than willing to help you out!! Her contact info is on the dealer page... Give her a call or email!!:)

I will be in touch Joanne.. the next 2 week ends are full, another spine treatment this week, and a class with Ami Stewart, my first ever class for any kind of quilting on the following week.

I appreciate your offer so much, and will call. Himself will have to come with me, but we\'ll use some duck tape, as in the Old Duck (me) taped him up as well I can, to be silent and unmovable. I\'ll bring the book he\'s reading and arrange a nice breeze to turn the pages.. a shower to keep him watered, and I doubt after while we\'d even need to look for a puddle.

Don\'t worry on phone calls.. my limits are 9a.m. to 9 p.m. except for serious situations..

Thanks Again,

RitaR

Shana, let\'s do it. Just keep in mind that I was first so if there is only so much room, I am in!!!!:P:P:P

Catherine , set a date so I can get cheap airfare. You are in Kona so I would fly in to Kona-Kailua. Don\'t really want to go the Hilo route unless I can get a really cheap direct fare out of Portland.

Nancy;););)

If you guys are serious, there is an event called "Quilt Hawaii" in the first week of July, that might be a good excuse. I will look into the airfares, but nothing has been real cheap lately. Most expensive is mid-winter, when retired couples, "snowbirds" etc. come to visit; next is summer, as this is great place for family vacations. So, July would not be cheapest, but not worst either. You would definitely want to fly into Kona; the price of gas to drive over would more than eat up any savings you might get from going into Hilo. Fall is also a nice time to come, the weather is not quite as warm. However, the weather is rarely a real issue here, it is in the low 80\'s most days, not too cold at night at any time of year.

I have a guest suite with a king-size bed, and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room, so the number of people I can accommodate depends on how friendly you want to get. We could also put a tent up in the yard, I\'ve done that before. There are also some nice B&B\'s and vacation homes for rent in the area, if you want to spend money on housing, but I would not mind squeezing anyone who wants to in here. I\'m just not sharing my bed with girls (they kick; I have daughters so I know).

I will be in California July 22-August1; other than that I will be here, so pick a good time. Aloha, C

This is a great topic. I LOVE my dealer, Darlene Epp. When I decided to buy my Millie, she was the first and only dealer I contacted that emailed me back to answer all my questions. And I have always been able to call Darlene with any questions I\'ve had.

Now fast forward two and a half years. I have been having issues with dragging in one area of my table for at least a year. I have tried EVERYTHING, spent lots of time on the phone and looking for information on this forum. There is a set of wrenches constantly within my reach. I cannot resolve it. I really need someone to come to my studio to help me figure out what is going on. I think since I live in a rural area, no one wants to come out. I have begged, offered to pay, everything, but no deal. Believe me, if I could resolve it by loading the machine head into my truck and taking it to Salt Lake, I would. But it isn\'t a machine head issue.

Because I can\'t resolve this problem, I can\'t consistently produce the quality of quilting I desire. I really am ready to start entering into shows but I can\'t because my machine won\'t cooperate. So as far as I am concerned right now, I am out $18,000 plus.

I don\'t mean to sound negative. I LOVE my Millennium. I had another brand machine before and the APQS is far superior. I am just so frustrated! Thanks for letting me vent!

I wish I would have known, I was in Elko for the Cowboy Poetry Gathering.

Is the drag in the middle of the machine?

Sometime the bolts are too high that are in between the black truss and the aluminum table right in the middle. You could lower them or remove them and see if that works.

Make sure your carriage is level front to back, you need a little bitty level to do that, you need to rest it on the carriage in between the wheels of the head. If it\'s not leve you might need to add washers.

Have you changed your wheels lately, I put on edgeriders and the front became too low and created a drag until I added more washers.

The tubes in between the aluminum rails need to be girl tight, one might be loose or one might be too tight, recheck them, it could bow out on one side if too tight or too loose.

Did you call customer service at APQS for suggestions on what to do?

Hi, JoAnn,

Wow, I wish I had known, too! We could have had some fun at Cowboy Poetry, and quilted a little to boot! :P

I have tried everything you\'ve listed several times over. I changed out wheels to the Edgeriders because I originally thought it was the wheels. The problem existed before I changed wheels. And I have spent lots of time on the phone with Amy with no luck. :(

How about it, anyone else ever come through Elko? Right on I-80, about halfway between Salt Lake and Reno. Great place to visit!

I was in the cute floral/quilt store in Elko.

We had a great time there except for all the snow.

There is a new rep in Idaho, that is somewhat near you.

Myrna is in St. George.

We ate at the Star every day, I love that place.

The steak sandwiches with butter and garlic are to die for and that incredible secret salad dressing.

Get me that recipe and I will come check out your machine.

JoAnn,

You got a deal! :D My friend shared the recipe with me a while back. I\'ll send it to you. The deal is if you come to Cowboy Poetry next year, we will have to get together.

I\'d love to have more info on the new dealer in Idaho. I\'ve talked to Myrna lots, visited with her at HMQS. But she\'s a good 8 hours away.

Thanks much!

Joanne,

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed looking at your webshots of the Chicago show. WOW! Those quilts are gorgeous! I showed them to my DH and he said maybe we should try to go to the next show they have..

He loves looking at quilts. Like I said on another forum, when test driving different brands of LA he tried them all and did one really nice feather for a guy who never sewed a stitch!

Thanks for all the info on this forum

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

OMG it\'s a small world. JoAnn, my uncle Bob Petermann is a cowboy poet and he was just in Elko, too! My mom (Bob is her brother in law) was there watching the show. Perhaps you met him? He has recorded several CDs.

He owns a cattle ranch in Wibeaux, MT...

So, Shana, maybe you could come to Elko for Cowboy Poetry next year, too! I have a couple of extra bedrooms and of course a Millie at my house!:cool:

Lisa that\'s a deal.

Can\'t wait to make it, it taste lemony and horseradishy, can\'t really tell. I know it has chopped up eggs in it.

Shana, I met so many cowboys it made my head spin. Of course I was with the best looking one, my husband. My DH collects cowboy music and cowboy poetry cd\'s I\'ll ask him if he knows him. He knows everyone.

He also works in Deadhorse, Alaska for Conoco Phillips. Do you know anyone up there?

Marlette, I\'m glad you enjoyed the pictures, I will be in Rosemont Chicago April 10-13 and then again at the Schaumburg show in October. Love that hotel, it\'s spectacular.

I have sold a lot of machines where the husband is going to do the quilting.

Hi Lisa,

I thought we had your table issue resolved long ago!

When we were communicating about this last May & June, I got a note from you saying things were almost back to normal and the problem was that the table legs were loose and the wheels weren\'t adjusted properly.

I\'m sorry I haven\'t been in contact with you, but understood everything was good and that you\'d let me know if it wasn\'t.

Do we need to get you some new table parts?? I\'m happy to do anything I can to resolve this, but didn\'t know you were still having a problem. Send me a note. I\'m happy to call you whenever it\'s convenient.

Your quilting is spectacular and I\'d hate to see something like a table get in they way of those ribbons you deserve!!

eppd@telus.net

One thing that impressed me right away here on the APQS site is that if your rep isn\'t available, another one will step in and help you out. Especially on a weekend, or even late at night when you have a problem, just post it and in just a short time, you usually have 2 or 3 things to try to get you out of your pickle. I think that this is a community that is rare in the world today and I thank all of the reps for being so helpful and supportive of us.

Originally posted by Darlene Epp

When we were communicating about this last May & June, I got a note from you saying things were almost back to normal and the problem was that the table legs were loose and the wheels weren\'t adjusted properly.

Hi, Darlene,

The key is *ALMOST* back to normal. After tightening everything up, readjusting the wheels, I still had an issue in one area of the table. You suggested I talk to Amy, which I did. She told me to do the same things you did. So I think it\'s just some adjustment I can\'t get right. No reflection on you whatsoever.

The issue is that this is something that is very difficult to fix by yourself. My husband tries to help, but he doesn\'t know how the machine should move or what to look for to adjust. It would be so much easier if I had someone else who knows about the APQS machines to help me diagnose and fix it right here. there are plenty of Gammill owners in my area, but the table set up is so different they\'re not much help. It\'s only a huge problem when I am doing custom work. I can work around it when I am doing freehand.

Tonight I will get out the small level and my wrenches again and see if there are any places that are obviously out of sync. I will give you a call Thursday if you are going to be around.

Thanks for taking care of me!

Hi Lisa, you mentioned in your last sentence about getting out the "small level and wrenches" but I think what you need is the big level for better accuracy. The level I have is nearly 3 feet long. do you have a longer one? It took me over an hour to get my table level (going all around chasing the bubble) but after much diligence and tenacity I was able to get my table nice level! :) Keep working it and fine tuning and you\'ll get it but you need the longer level. Good look dear!! Keep us posted.

Archived