Attention Potential APQS Customers

Please patronize your local Representative. If you have spent time on the phone, email, an in person demonstration or at a quilt show with your local rep please order your machine through us. I may be going out on a limb here, hope I\'m not in bad taste to mention. We spend a lot of time building leads and investing in potential sales. Yes, we do work on commission. We get credit for the sales we personally write up. I\'m sure you can understand how much we appreciate your business after such an investment of time. We are also your first line of help in the event you need it. We get no compensation for these calls but are happy to help you whenever you need. Also, all of us reps are allowed to offer the same monthly reward. Calling many of us to try and get a better deal is not necessary. I sure hope you all can understand where I am coming from. Just want to build and maintain personal relationships with you. Now I sound like Jerry Maguire! Building a relationship with your local rep is the way to go! (unless of course you don\'t like them or you don\'t have one near by!)

Thanks!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for bringing this up Cheryl, it is something all of us at APQS work really, really hard towards, helping & servicing our customers!:) (we can always count on Cheryl to speak her mind!:D)

Not many company’s build a relationship for years at the level we do, so many benefits to utilize local dealers.

Considering what you need in a dealer after the sale, is HUGE! Training classes, mentoring & continuing LA education is the key to success. We are never more than a phone call away or E-mail to serve, (yes even on week-ends!)

Most of my customers become very good friends, & I am blessed to have this opportunity to support them! ;)

I just wanted to add a thanks to Heidi at APQS who I was writing to with questions about the machines. She was very patient and answered everything very quickly. When I finally decided to take the plunge, she suggested I contact my local rep and establish a relationship with her, also mentioning the commission the rep would get if I went through her. This is a new rep in my area, so I was unaware of her until Heidi gave me the information.

Heidi has also been great for me to work with. I had some wierd questions and she (and my rep) worked quickly to get me my answers.

I met my rep last year through email when I first started looking at APQS - then I found out she\'s the GIZMO GIRL! I\'m thrilled that she\'s close enough that I can get to her house in less than an hour. We seem to be kindred spirits and that might be a scary thing.

My rep is "super" great!!! I can\'t say enough good things about Lisa. She answered all my questions and waited patiently for me to make a decision. She\'s busy but not to busy to answer the phone or call back on the weekends. She encouraged me to become a rep even though we live in the same state (5 hours apart). I was apprehensive because I didn\'t want to take business away from her. I will be forever loyal to her and APQS.

What a great topic Cheryl. As reps we do love our customers and try to always give you, our customer, our best. Bying a machine is such a hugh deal and your rep is your first line for everything.

You do become our friends in so many ways. Should anyone have an issue with your rep please call her or him . We always want feedback good or bad to better be of service to you.

Hi Cheryl,

I used a local rep. Well in my state. I called another rep and was told there were no used machines available. I had a budget. When I tried the rep in my state she had one or two choices for me. I bought my machine from her. I do have to say I know newbies can really eat up a lot of phone time but it really would have been great to be able to call when problems came up. The sale is not complete just because you got paid. I would not have made it without the help of all the wonderful gals here on the chat forum. I love my machine. I\'m glad I chose APQS. I wish the after sale care had been better.

Nora

Millennium

I don\'t have a "rep" and never had a lesson or anything like it. I have done mostly panto on the Millenium. I only do my own quilt tops and let others use the machine to do theirs as I won\'t try to ruin anymore with free hand quilting. Had to replace one of the handles as the blue button stopped working but otherwise the machine works okay. I did have someone hand quilt one of my tops that was partially hand pieced and figured out if I had had her hand quilt the rest of my tops I would not have had to buy the Millenium. There is no comparison between hand and Machine quilting. I will continue to use the Millenium to do more of my tops but so far none of them are great. I use the Mega quilter too. That cuts both top and bottom threads at the same time but only quilts about 5 inches so has to be rolled after each row. It has a stitch regulator too and I can\'t tell any difference in the stitching.

Marion, I still take lessons and get excited about quilting, I think you would benefit and get inspired if you could take some classes or buy some quilting videos. Every year there is a new trend or new idea someone wants to share.

MQS is a great show in Overland Kansas, I wouldn\'t miss it for anything.

I get bored easy and always need inspiration.

This is my latest inspiration, Joan Lintault, look how amazing she is.

http://www.mjlintault.com/

I got my Mille second hand and not through a rep. I was very surprised and pleased to find Sue as I thought I was on my own. Sue has answerd all my questions, she even came over and made sure that my \'Matilda\' was set up correctly.

So what would you call that? Fantastic after sale care without the sale :) Should I ever want to upgrade or go computer guess who\'s number I\'d be calling.

Thank you Sue for all your time, I think your fab!

Also thank you to all the kind folks who come on this chat and give your knowledge so freely. I love this community :)

Cheers and Have a great day all

Hi Debbie & Darlene,

You may take a class from any APQS rep in the US!

Usually most call upon their local area Rep for the free beginner\'s class.

I bought my machine used, but Myrna, John, and Tina have been great helps to me. I guess Tina would officially be the area rep for me, but I\'ve mostly talked to Myrna about things, and will buy through when I\'m ready to buy. I hope that is okay. I don\'t want Tina or John to lose any money or anything.

I\'ve contacted Joanne and am taking my beginner\'s class next Sat. I am excited and can\'t wait to go see her and her Milli!

Honest I am excited about the class but it\'s just hard right now.

I know I shouldn\'t feel embarrassed by my naivety but when I look at what y\'all can do - it\'s like wow - I am in awe. My DH tells me to be patient and to keep ppp but it\'s discouraging. I\'ve got a QOV that just isn\'t working. I\'ve started it and now I have to frog it totally. Sorry to be so down but it\'s was a rough day at work and ugh....... :( you don\'t want to hear my sob story tonight. :(

I\'m going to get ready for some sleep - the migraine is coming back.......:(

Darlene,

We have all been there. Honestly, more than once I have wondered what the heck I am doing in this business. But I love quilts, quilting, and the people...so I can\'t change now. You are lucky to have a supportive DH, listen to him, he knows what he is talking about PPP and then PPP some more. It will come, just give it some time. There are some really great artisit on this site - they are our inspiration. I may never have the talent in my whole body that these people have in their little finger...but I can try!! Hang in there, tomorrow is a new day!!

Darlene--

Here\'s a story---

2004-bought a Millennium and took classes/ppp. I went to Innovations in September. I thought as I looked--"I will never be able to do this."

2005--started a business in January. Continued with classes/ppp. Went to Innovations in September and thought "I will never be able to do that, but I think I can do this--and I already do the other!"

2006--building the business, ppp. Went you-know-where. Entered a quilt!!! OMG--I can do this!!!

2007 on--I watch the trends, take the classes, read the chat, meet with other longarmers, I have a group of dear friends I have never laid eyes on. Life is good!!

It takes time--you will surprise yourself with all you can and will learn. Welcome.

Archived