Millie has a name...

Ok, my sweet and good friend, BrendaLee thought up the perfect name for my Millie. Since she gets around a LOT (3 times in a year), went through a wreck, is sexy and flirty, has smooth moves and can rock with the best, she named her LOLA for me. I think that is perfect. Lola and I rock together. And even though I did not have time to plug her in and test her out, she seems to glide fine on the table that was rockin and rollin across the freeway when that darn u-haul came undone. Lola is a survivor. ;););) And thank goodness I had the sense God gave a goose to put the head and the carriage IN THE SUV!!:D:D:D

So, Lola it is. Now, to have a l little fun, what did y\'all name your machine and why??

Nancy:):)

Uh Oh, Joanne. Am I in trouble then? I did not know this rule!! If I have to name her after a guy, it would have to be James Dean for the same reasons. Smooth moves, cool dude, got around. Yep, it\'s either Jimmy Dean or Lola. Either way it works. :P:P:P

Nancy:o:o:o

Hummm....I don\'t have a name for the Liberty that I should get in the next week or so, but I think I will give my "Lady Liberty" a girl\'s name:)

I have a husband, 5 children, 4 of which are boys, so I decided I need another girl in my life. All my kids have moved out, except for my youngest son, so I am still out numbered 2:1. Even my cat and cockateil are males! I guess that makes it 4:1. LOL

Yes, my Liberty will be a girl. That\'s my story and I\'m stickin\' to it.

Hi Nancy -

Yes, I just had to have a special name my Millie. I had asked friends to help, and all and all the names they came up with were great and creative - but just didn\'t feel right. One friend suggested that the name to chose should be beautiful and longish and suggested I pick up a baby naming book for ideas. Good idea, that would help me pick a name for my new glorious millie. And then.......the light bulb came on. Yes, I have named her: "Glorious Millie", and she will be called "Glory" for short. Just think, I probably saved $5.95 on a baby naming book!

Carol Bailey

Coco de Mer Quilt Studio

LOL! I have to chime in. I wrote a short story once about a woman named Leila. I compared her name with the Lola song. Here is a quote.

"He even conveniently switched the words around to another Lola song. A song about a guy dressed like a woman with a real catchy tune. Yes, it certainly was a mixed up world as the song suggested but Leila was not a man."

I love the Lola song. Great choice!

Y\'all are too funny. Sandra, you stick with the girl. You definitely need it.;);) Carol, Glory will make your fee joyful while you quilt. Remember that when the bobbin runs out!!

Leila, reminds me of a very sultry mermaid calling the sailors to her. Hmmm. Yep. I do like Lola. Brenda Lee got it right.

:P

Nancy

I\'m with Nancy, stick with the female name. We are lop-sided around here with men, boys, dogs, cats and hampsters. And they need too much taking care of! BeBe (my lone sister dog) and I are enjoying the weekend without the human males. The best sleep we\'ve gotten in ages. Although my milli doesn\'t have a name, I\'m sure she\'s a female!

I know that my Millie is a girl, she moves like a girl, all swishy and curvy. I named her GiGi which is short for her full name, "YouGoGirl". GiGi is a classy lady, with great poise and purpose. She really knows her stuff and is teaching me all the time. She likes her bobbins a little less than full, and she doesn\'t like her tension too tight. All in all,I think that we make a pretty good team.

Nancy. I\'m so sorry to hear about LoLa\'s table running all over the freeway. I\'ll be she was very glad that you put her in the SUV to keep her all safe and sound.

My newest Millie is named Troy- after Troy of Montgomery Gentry. It makes me feel good thinking my hands are controlling the movements of such a hottie!! LOL!!!!:P

I sure hope my kids and parents don\'t read this... Wouldn\'t they be horrified to know I had any thoughts like this???:cool::o;)

Middle age (I am 43) is sure tough- Ya have to be concerned about what your parents think and what your kids think???? :) !!!!LOL!!!!!:)

My new Millie, is "Tillie", just because I like the sound .....silly, I know, and that\'s what my husband said when I decided to trade my new Freedom (Frieda) for her.....well, thats not all he said but we won\'t go there. She\'s a very smooth lady, elegant and eager to please. I should stop here before I start rhyming my words.....:cool:

Hi! My Millennium\'s name is "Nelli" (as in the captial part of mILLENnium backwards) because I mainly do pantographs and I have a huge problem going around big curves where she just doesn\'t want to stop, so I have to say to her "Whoa Nelli" LOL!

Susan in Australia

I also gave my Millenium a female name. She is far to much of a workhorsek, just plugging along no matter what, doing her job without complaining or looking for a way out. Has to be a female! ;-) When I got my millenium, I immediately started calling her Millie. Very unoriginal, but it just seemed right and that was before I joined this chat and discovered everyone abbreviates Millenium to Millli.

I still have not given my girl an official name and I certainly don\'t want to stick her with the things I called her early on:P they were not pretty.

Nancy I am sitting here wondering about Lola\'s table going across the freeway. I sure hope you and everything else are okay.

this has been a fun thread.

• 2 months later...

I agree that these workhorses are most likely female. And I name all my cars after female actresses, so the machine gets the same.

I think she\'s asking to be named Rosalind, after Rosalind Russell, think "His Girl Friday" movie with Cary Grant. She was quick and resourceful and useful to have around. Not exactly pretty, but always a kick. And she took care of everyone around her. See her bio at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosalind_Russell

and BTW:

Jeep CJ-7 = Audrey (as in Hepburn)

Porsche 911 = Kate (as in Hepburn)

Volvo wagon = Inky (as in Julie Inkster - well, not an actress, but golfer)

Porsche Boxster = Blythe (as in Danner)

:cool:

Archived