What's the weather like at MQS ?

Definitely bring your red shoes but make sure they aren\'t 4" heels. :) Make it red sneakers and you\'ll be set! (PS: And if you wear lacy purple ankle socks with those red sneakers I\'ll pay you five bucks, maybe more...depends on if Mary Beth gets to see it!) :P

I think most everything is indoors and air conditioned. From what I understand, the "fashion police" and the "quilt police" are not allowed at these types of functions. :D I\'m all for letting the real police attend as long as they are quilters and they don\'t arrest me for spending too much $$$ on rulers & stuff.

Shana, you are asking for it now !! :P:P I\'m gonna do it !! DD said I didn\'t need Dorothy shoes, she gave me round trip tickets. LOL I just thought I could bring a lot of capris, takes up less room than jeans. Also leaves more room for GOODIES. But, being from Fl I get chilly if it isn\'t 75. I\'m going shopping tomorrow for my \'new look\'. Glenda

You better make sure you been a light coat or sweater. KC is about 150 miles north of me and we are getting snow flurries now. Been getting allot of rain lately. Hoping to get weather settled down a bit by the time you get here. Casual, Casual, Casual. What ever works for you. :P

WINDY WINDY.

Be sure and have something. It gets chilly although sunny and warm at the same time. Those of you with hair get ready for the WIND to ruin your Hair do. lol

Bring lots of hair clips. lolol

Can\'t wait to see you all. Thought I might not get to go with so much going on lately but looks like I will make it. I love this show. Such fun guys and gals to meet.

PS. Shana are you going to MQS. Wow I hope so.

Hugs Grammie

Hey Tammie, will you be there ? I hope so, I\'d like to give you a hug for trying to help me out when we went through your neck of the woods last Oct. I am so glad that the dog I found at the rest area got reunited with his family. Thanks again for offering to keep him for us. Hope to meet up with you soon. Glenda

Yes I will be there and yes you better say hello lady. lol

I look forward to meeting you. I will be at the Convention Hotel Sheraton.

You can\'t miss me. Just look for an Excited/Hyper quilter. lolololol Usually way too excited. lololol

Look forward to meeting you.

Hugs Grammie

Okay, from a Kansas City perspective and a Missouri native....

Wear comfortable clothing, jeans, slacks, I would say short sleaved shirts, but bring a sweater. The classes get chilly sometimes. But if you are warm natured...or hot flashed natured ;) short sleeves will work well.

Yes, there is a hair spray alert always at that time of year. And that convention center and hotel are like a wind tunnel!!

And - not to scare the begeebers out of anyone....it is tonado season here at that time. I\'m sure the hotels have places for you to go, so not to worry. I have lived here all my life and they are really not something to cancel a fun time over :o Did I say that? Maybe I should rephrase....they are not something to get worked up over. We know how to come in out of the rain:o Oh, you know what I mean. We probably won\'t have a tornado while you are here :o Never mind!!

Hay ya all LOL

The weather is like a longarm quilter, hot and sunny all day then wild and windy every night!! Last year Claudia and I got burnt to a crisp in the afternoon and then had to hold on to each so we won\'t get blown away that night walking from the hotel to the show area!!! So summer wear with something to keep you warm at night.... don\'t pack to many clothes.... you will need lots of room for all the great stuff you will buy... and don\'t worry the limo drivers out front know just were to take you to pick up that extra suite case you need for your trip home LOL LOL see you all there... gotta go I\'m off to MQX!!!;):cool:

Think casual, capris sound great. I would definitely take a sweater/sweatshirt to pull on during some your classes. I got quite chilly last year.

Okay, Mary Beth, no more mention of the T-word. I am spoiled to San Diego weather. Windy, dark skies with huge raindrops pounding down on the hood of your car as you are zooming along the freeway (lost, again) at 60 MPH is white-knuckle weather for this sissy traveler. I would like to place my order for those wonder blue Kansas skies and tell Dorothy that she and Todo can stay at home. :D

Shana and Glenda - I can see that you two are going to get into mischief if you are already doing the "dare ya" thing. This is too much fun. I wonder if they make orthopedic red hightop sneakers. Oh wait, here ya go.

post--13461899485509_thumb.jpg

Okay, no more "T" word....

And 60 mph on the freeway in a torrential downpour, where you couldn\'t see your hand in front of your face...I remember that! You were a little afraid...I remember you gripping the dash board a time or two:D But ya gotta know...I\'m a professional driver:cool:

I do have a pair of Banana Yellow High top Converse Tennis Shoes...not orthopedic....but they are cute with the rest of my outfit...I\'ll look for pictures.

Archived