Batting Holder from Beach Bobbin Quilting

Very cool Tina. Thanks for posting the pic. Now your friend should just put together a supply list and simply sell this pattern. My husband could figure it out from the photo probably but that would be a good idea. It could be done yourself much more affordably. He has designed a great overhead for my Computer screen and hopfully he can get it put up this summer. Working again away from home. Sometimes when he does come home we do fun things and not what we should do like HONEYDOS. lol

It is a very nice and neat way to be organized.

Thanks again

Hugs Grammie

PS. Are you going to the Kansas Show? I still haven\'t got to meet you.

Wow! That is a practical and attractive way to store batting and thread. If this person makes them to sell I would love to have contact information! Or if they sell the pattern I might be able to get my husband to make it. He might be up for the challenge. Woodworking is not his first love.

I\'ve been looking for ideas on how to hold my batts. This is a good one. Thank you, Catherine\'s hubby. I do agree with Tammie. Please tell Catherine\'s hubby to develop the plans and Sell them...or have him contact me. I\'ll pay him to build me one.

Then I don\'t have to do all the figuring out of the wood lengths, etc. I\'m sure I would have issues with trying to keep the whole thing stable--with no wobbles. A craftsman is what I need to help my poor studio with these kinds of projects.

What sizes are the rolls of batting that need to be on a rack? Length of the roll, diameter of a new roll and what is the diameter of the hole through the center of a roll? I will give the project some thought, especially for the Indiana/Illinois quilters since that is where I am located.

Hello all;

So glad you liked the design. I\'ve asked my hubby to get a drawing and plans together. We won\'t sell them, we\'ll just post them. We didn\'t use casters as we have wood floors, putting the smooth stick on hook & loop (velcro) on the bottom of the legs. It moves smoothly on the floors. I\'m sure you could put additional spool holders on the other side, but since I didn\'t take a picture, you didn\'t see that\'s where I store my various mats and larger templates. I use Dream Cotton so and buy in the 30 yard rolls. If your batting roll is different, it could be lengthened to match, which would also give you more space for spools of thread ;) I\'ll also get a couple other pictures posted so you can see the thread more carefully and the back side. While I\'m at it, I\'ll show you my table as well. It serves as both the cutting table and ironing table, holds my cutters, and UFOs....which I\'m always working on.

Cathy Norris (and yes, I\'m at the Beach)

beachbobbinquilting@yahoo.com

:cool:

Thanks for posting those pictures Tina!! And, thank you Cathy for sharing them! It\'s very generous of your husband to share those plans! I can\'t wait! I\'ve started cleaning and reorganizing my "studio", and I have the perfect space for this. This will make measuring, cutting, and storing batting so much better. I\'ve also been wanting a better way to store thread so I\'m really excited about this. BTW, my "studio" is in my finished basement. It\'s not gorgeous, but it\'s more than adequate.

We could use the plans also. I keep my batting in the sunroom which is cold in the winter but with a rack like that we could keep it right in the livingroom where the machine is set up. DH had built me a Hinterberg Frame that he set up with a rolling table underneath with an xy movement on it that I had used an old Minnesota machine that had a shuttle bobbin. It was a bit awkward to use but now I have the Millenium set up as well as a Mega Quilter on an Inspira frame but still would like the old frame set up so I could use the embroidery machine on it to do quilt designs as I cannot do freehand only pantos on the Millenium. Never had any lessons on it.

Archived