Everyone want to meet at MQS?

Mary Beth,

I can\'t remember about the blue ribbon. Are we bringing our own or did you find a roll? And do you know if we are allowed to bring in donuts? I\'ll buy the first batch. It might be nice to have some donuts for those that want one with their morning coffee. I don\'t remember the food vendors being open for breakfast last yera, do you?

Jo Ann we\'re meeting up for dinner too Tues pm!

Sheri, there is a great cyber cafe upstairs from the classes at the convention center, that has the best coffee and some snacks.

The very first morning of the very first year I went it wasn\'t open for some reason, but had been earlier so I\'m not sure what the schedule is bot it seems it was open last year before class.

Last year, due to the demand for food from the previous year, they had a vendor cart in the Sherton lobby (convention hotel) with quick breakfast snacks, and coffee. They also had the same for lunch. I found it handy cuz I didn\'t have time to go out or eat in the hotel restaurant.

BTW. The bar serves food til late at night. They have great food at the Sheraton. (bar or restaurant).

Not sure what time for dinner, however, MaryBeth sent me the following urls for the quilt shops she was trying to have open for the group to visit in the evening:

http://www.quiltersstation.com

http://www.rusticyearnings.com

Jo Ann some of the gals who aren\'t in class are going shop hopping (I don\'t remember what time?) then coming back to pick the rest of us up and we\'re going to go eat around 7-7:30pm.

If I have that wrong someone correct me.:P

Mary Beth? ?????

Cheryl I am so thrilled your coming. store my cell. 409-749-0764. I will surely see you there. I get there Sunday afternoon and will be there all week. So call me if we miss one another in the crowd. Would love to see you again as well as all the wonderful quilters. It is such a fun week. I\'m really just getting excited. Almost didn\'t go and so I didn\'t get too excited but I\'m really looking forward to seeing friends and of course so many beautiful quilts. I love looking at the quilts and buying all I can. lolol

Huh I didn\'t bring a hoola skirt but hey I\'ll think of something. lolol Kinda not built for the skirt anymore. Those days are gone for sure. lolol But what fun to see everyone dressed in theme and having a fun time.

Big Hug,

Grammie Tammie

Tammie,

Look forward to seeing you again and meeting all you wonderful APQS folks. Susan Caldwell is coming too...remember her? She was at Suzanne\'s first class. My cell is 804-690-1699. I just programmed my cell with your number so I\'ll be sure to track you down!

Can\'t wait, but I still have lots to do here before I leave.

Cheryl

Who all is coming in on Sunday? I\'ll be picking up Nancy Jo at the airport at 4 (assuming flights are on time! LOL) and then back to the Sheraton. Maybe those of us already in could gather for dinner somewhere?

Shirley,

Are you flying in? Do you need a ride? I\'m arriving Saturday and will have the use of my stepsis\' car on Sunday so can run shuttles to/from the airport. My cell is (509) 671-1467 - call me when you get in!

Barb,

I am driving in from Dodge City, KS as it is only a 5 or 6 hour drive for me. Depends on how many times I get lost! I will call you when I arrive and get checked in the motel. I am not staying at the Sheraton but am close by........I think. I should be about a mile from the Sheraton. Going out to eat Sunday night will be so fun and looking forward to meeting so many of you gals on the chat line. I have packed and unpacked so many times!! ALMOST TIME!!

Debbi,

I\'d love to join you, but I\'m attending a wine-tasting party with my stepsis and her hubby. Since they\'re giving me a bed Saturday night, I better stick with them!;) Besides, I haven\'t seen them in years, so we\'ll be visiting some.....

Do you guys want to join us on Sunday night? Give me a call on my cell if you do - don\'t know when or where yet, until folks start to arrive.

Sure Barb. We can join you on Sunday night. I got your cell # and I\'ll call you tomorrow night MB picks up Shana at the airport.

I\'m off to pack now. I\'m so excited and I won\'t sleep a wink all night!! I\'ll have to get juiced up on caffeine in the morning for the 3 hour trek to KC.

Debbi

I am finally packed and ready to go!!!!!! I LOVE MQS !!!!:D JoAnn where are you staying???? When are you arriving.. I will be there on Sunday night flight arrives around 7pm. I have a tube of designs for you so I hope you have room in your bags after the shop frenzy... you may have to carry it home LOL OK :cool::P;) Can\'t wait to see everyone.... If you are all doing the blue ribbons please drop some off at the both so we can hand them out to all the new APQS owners at the show!!!! See ya

Thanks Tracye!

I\'ll be there Mon after lunch sometime, staying at the Sheraton, so thank you all for the info above!

Yes, Mary Beth said tues afternoon im hoping 3:00,(to go shopping) as thats when my class gets out! Then dinner afterwards.

Im driving, so I can also take ride-alongs shopping/dinner if need be. Im driving MY Ford F150 offroad, it will hold 4 more people (besides myself) ...unless of course...you want to ride in the open breeze in the back! LOL!

Mary Beth\'s probably showing Claudia all thru K.C. We wont hear from her until dark! LOL! ****yelling*****"Mary Beth.....!!!!!******"what time on tues for shopping????"

Did I mention that it was my great pleasure to help Claudia clip threads off of her totally awesome show quilt? I was able to touch it - without white gloves! - And point out the tiny little threads popping up. Oh my gosh!! What until you see this quilt! I know we have seen pictures and snippets...but wait until you see it in person!!

My roomie/rider (well actually I\'m the rider, it\'s her car:D) and I will be getting in Sun evening sometime and area staying at the Sheraton. We\'ll look for excited people and hopefully find you guys. It will probably be after supper time though, but maybe we\'ll catch you in the hot tub?

HA! Hula skirt?! I shouldn\'t be in a bathing suit much less a hula skirt. I do it anyway though, cuz I\'m just that much in denial. :P Also, I swim in a tent.

Okay, Mary Beth, rub it in!!!! I\'m jealous!:D

See you all soon!

Archived