Havin One of Them Days

We went to Dallas on Friday morning, so Thursday I tried to focus on quilting. I\'ve been doing very well since MQS, and have been keeping my big nose to the grind stone. Monday thru Wednesday last week was bad. I didn\'t feel well, yada, yada....as life goes...and so Thursday I tried to focus....couldn\'t do it. I finally went to Sheridan\'s (remember Sheridan\'s you MQSers?) and had some frozen custard.

Went to Dallas to a wedding, pretended the wedding cake was my birthday cake since the bride and groom selected my day as their day! Didn\'t want to tell the family because I wanted it to the their day....I\'m so nice I hate it sometimes ;)

Today I have renewed myself....started out my day with prayer and reading my Bible....a good breakfast....then off to quilt.

Hit the ruler had to re-position my needle bar.

That\'s okay, no big deal. Did it!!

Started quilting.....hit the ruler again!! Threw the ruler across the room....went up and did a few Pilates....ate lunch.

Now I am back in the studio....needle bar has been fixed....again... and I am suppose to be ready to go... where is my focus....I don\'t know!!! It\'s gone...Maybe I need another frozen custard :D (Or after throwing the ruler - which didn\'t help....maybe I need to go back and read my Bible again :)).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On days like these, one should "get a clue" that it ain\'t gonna get no better... It\'s gone way beyond bibles and frozen yogurt smoothies to get you realigned...

So, I suggest that you hop in that big white "Bama-mobile" of yours, and drive to the nearest three quilt shops and spend the day petting fabric and buying yardage... It works for me! :)

Debbi,

Not the hopping foot...the needle bar. You know...as in timing and the eye of the needle needs to just be showing in the bobbin do-hicky.

Shana, Heidi....did you read the part that said I couldn\'t get focused last week either :D I just can\'t keep taking a day off....I\'ve been "off" since about a week ago last Friday :P:D

Judi,

I don\'t drink....but have been tempted a time or two to start :D Today being one of them days!! I think I will just stick to frozen custard....well, not really "stick"....you know what I mean....maybe I will make it chocolate frozen custard.

Mary Beth, I know what you mean about staying focus...I have been having a very hard time getting movtivated and staying focus for about a month now.

Fortunately though it\'s pretty slow now for business so I don\'t have anything customer related that really needs to get done but I did want to take this slow time to work on my own stuff and every time I start I loose focus, my mind starts to wonder and before I know it the whole day is gone, nothing got done and I am frustrated to no end.

BTW Happy belated birthday!!!!

Mary Beth,

You just need some R&R after that Dallas trip. I don\'t think you should try to focus when you have an unrequited (not yet fulfilled) birthday hanging out there, kiddo.

Take the day off to sit and be still. That quilt (and re-timing ;) ) will still be there tomorrow. Make Rod take you out to dinner for your b-day.

Sherry - ROFLMAO at that video. And then when the dog jumped in and started dancing, I thought I would wet my pants I was laughing so hard.

Some birthdays just take longer to celebrate....been known to drag mine own out over a 6 or 7 day period....yes, there was alcohol involved, another reason I don\'t drink anymore. But I could go for several days of Chocolate and custards.... and what\'s one more day, I agree with Linda...dinner out and some evening topped with R & R watching the night sky that is if you can see through all the glare from the city lights.

MB, Hi!! Happy late birhtday!! I think we all must have no-focus days!!:( This weekend, I just moped by my Gracie and didn\'t sew a stitch....just didn\'t feel like it!!:( But, today, I am feeling like getting going again!! Hope you do soon!! Go out to dinner!!! :) "Maybe I\'ll think about it tomorrow!!!" :P linda

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes, Linda. I have more unfocused days then I do focused days :) I try to say it is because I have a creative mind and artsy fartsy people have a hard time putting things up (picking up after themselves) and they are day dreamers - hey, I can\'t draw or paint, which is what I think of when I think art...but quilting is an art form too....so I\'m running with it!! And yes, like you said, "I\'ll think about it tomorrow." :D

Of course there are a lot of great lines from THAT movie...I always wanted to use one when I was single...but I never got the chance. It was...

"Get your hands off me, you varmint!"

I wanted to say it....but then my DH came along...and I didn\'t want to say it to him...so I missed my chance. But for all you single gals out there that are not liking the choices....that\'s a great line.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Of course there are a lot of great lines from THAT movie...I always wanted to use one when I was single...but I never got the chance. It was...

"Get your hands off me, you varmint!"

I wanted to say it....but then my DH came along...and I didn\'t want to say it to him...so I missed my chance.

Hey! Just cuz you\'re married to the guy now doesn\'t mean you can\'t use that line on him! :D (that might be kinda funny...)

PS I meant to say this before: Happy birthday, BEAUTIFUL! :)

I don\'t think a person "sticks" to custard, I think it sticks to you. I have 10 bls to shed and am not motivated. Wine coolers make me feel like a real person. Sweet but tart-just like me. What a joke!!! I\'m known as the resident b---- at work because I don\'t like to take crap from people, don\'t like excuses and for pete\'s sake just tell it like it is, pleeeeze.

Archived